“This hotel is PERFECT FOR RELAXING!!!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Oakland - Hayward
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Hayward
A La Quinta traveler
San Lorenzo, California
Reviewed 25 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Melissa E, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Oakland - Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We were in town for USA Football camp and tried our first stay at a LA QUINTA SUite. We were very pleased with the cost, food and rooms. We will stay here again next year. The Suite is also animal friendly. Very convenient location in a very safe neiborhood.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you next year. Cant wait for you to see our renovated property!

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I was traveling around California with flexible dates. Found this hotel close to SF and the price was good. It was a good choice because the hotel has nice and clean rooms and helpful people working there. The only problem I found was that the lady at the reception desk was new at the time and she was having troubles to conclude my check in while she had to answer the phone a zillion times and do another stuff for other people - all at the same time. She was kind though.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your review. Sometimes it does get a little overwhelming while working the front desk, and we do pride ourselves on making sure all of our staff feels confident and fully trained. We will make sure that she is given the opportunity to work a little more with one of our experienced Guest Service Reps so she is ready to take it on! I'm glad the rest of your stay was pleasant.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Not what I expected

After hearing all the good reviews I thought I would give this place a chance.

First off at check in, They treat you like a common criminal.

You have to show your credit card, show I.d. then get a $100.00 hold on your card if you trash or steal anything from your room. (they call it for incidentals) And put a green placard on your car dash.

Room was clean. Wifi was very slow. Your heating / ac was under the window and very dated.
Oh and room smelled musty on entry.

Only bright spot here was breakfast. Scramble eggs and sausage and the works.

Check out was slow.

Oh and be careful about the area.

Other than a good breakfast use caution.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Melissa E, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Oakland - Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I'm so sorry you felt you were treated like a criminal, that is not our intention at all. It is becoming pretty standard for hotels to authorize for incidentals, normally its a daily authorization, we do a flat rate for your entire stay, which is reversed at check out. The parking pass is to protect our guests, and to only allow our guests to use our parking lot. Its used to let our staff know you are a guest.

I am pleased to let you know, we are scheduled for a multi million dollar renovation, which will update our rooms, and Wi-Fi. I hope you come back to see our new product!

Reviewed 1 March 2014

This was probably an "in" hotel when it was built, but it now has a tired and old feel to it. Warn carpets,old musty smell, you get the idea. 3 of my 4 mornings I woke up to see bugs crawling across the ceiling above the bed. A nice family of 2 roaches and 1 spider. I don't mind sharing, but come on now, thats not what I would have chosen. On the 3rd day they finally chose to vacuum. Should have been in the Olympics. ~ 30 seconds and it was over.
On the other side, very nice efficient desk service. Nice maintenance man. Pillows to die for. I love their pillows. Enough plug ins to accommodate all the tech stuff. I stayed in a king suite and it had all the furniture needed for a business traveler. Maybe some vermin control and TLC?

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I am please to let you know that we start our multi million dollar renovation very soon. The whole hotel will be remodel! We hope you come back and see the finsihed producted, as it is going to be beautiful!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I have had good stays at this place in the past, but it seems to be getting a bit rundown. We actually asked for a new room upon checkout and we never do that! (Very stained carpet, broken panel on air conditioning unit, screen askew off window and more.) The room we were moved to seemed to need love too...torn sheets, stains on bed skirt, lint and dust in the corners, knob off of cabinet, saggy bed. I think tour groups are getting to be this place's bread and butter and they are just not keeping the property up. Even the breakfasts did not seem as good and heaven help you if you are down eating when a tour group comes in to eat! Shark feeding frenzy! The staff is very nice and the common areas pleasant, but I think I might move on to another hotel next time I come to town.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay, ask if they have a newly refurnished room. Rooms on the back side of the hot...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Melissa E, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Oakland - Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you for your review. I am please to let you know that we start our multi million dollar renovation 4/1/14. The whole hotel will be remodel! We hope you come back and see the finsihed producted, as it is going to be beautiful!

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Whenever I go to the Hayward location the service I experience is excellent. They treat me like royalty. The room is always well kept and ready my arrival. The location & amenities are exactly what I need. I like the fact that they have breakfast and newspapers. I love their sitting area with a fireplace. It's even reasonably sectioned off if you'd prefer a little privacy. I wish the pool was available longer. My children love to swim. My friends, family and clients all enjoy the Hayward location. Its like a second home to me and my family. And as for my Clients, they are truly expressed and it makes me look good.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Erica C

Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayward
Best Western Plus Inn of Hayward
Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward
Vagabond Inn Executive Hayward
Quality Inn Hayward Hotel
Fairfield Inn & Suites Oakland Hayward
The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Oakland - Hayward? Share your experiences!