“LQ Hayward, CA”

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Hayward
OAKLAND, United States
“LQ Hayward, CA”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is my second time staying at this location and both times were good with the exception of my last visit. There was mildew stains on the sheets that were on my bed and there was another customer who had two huge dogs and I had to wait for ten minutes for them to get on the elevator. I don't have a problem with animals, I just feel the should be a size limit to ensure the comfort ability of other guests.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Melissa E, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for your response. I am sorry you had some issues while staying with us. I have forwarded your comments to my Housekeeping Manager, and she will make sure to discuss with her staff so something like this doesn't happen again. We hope you will give us another try next time you're visiting the Hayward area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Hayward, California
Reviewed 11 June 2014

So im here currently (10 June 14); checked in yesterday (Mon.) and im gunna be here till Sat., most likely. I checked in here, NOT because of the price - which is ridiculously high, NOT because of the customer service - which is hit and miss, i checked in here because i moved to Oakland at 2am on Mon., and after looking at hotels with nothing but Indian owners (think im being racist, email me and ill give you the names of the hotels and you can be the judge) and no one wanted to rent to me with my dogs; so after working for six hours (after being up since 2am and now its 6pm) i needed a place to stay, and fast. Since im moving to San Leandro and my work is in Castro Valley i thought, thought, that Hayward would be the best place to stay, nope.

Customer Service: Hit and miss, and i mean literally. One minute they are nice, the next they have an attitude.

Price: Nope! They explain it away as it's company policy; i know this isnt true, yes, for a fact, literally, this is a lie; if they tell you their price fluctuates on vacancy, you can see the brown in thier eyes and smell it on thier breath.

Room: I can hear it when my neighbors open and close thier doors, but not anything else, except for the A-hole upstairs, above me who keeps dropping stuff at 5am, and if i wasnt here to start a new life....nvm, im ranting. The room is old. The bathrooms look dirty even though they were supposedly just cleaned - i say supposedly 'cause it doesnt look that way, but then again, i could just be an anal-retentive clean freak, im not, but maybe im in denial. The TV is nice, the bed is 'eh, sheets are not "ribbed for my pleasure", but they are ribbed, yes, ribbed. There's working A/C and fan; i can open the window all the way and it smelt clean.

Neighborhood: It's a neighborhood, nothing more, nothing less, but it aint 'scary' as one reviewer stated.

Deposit: There's an automatic $100 deposit added to your bill, i dont know how that makes me feel about the clientele they are used to having. And this is for everyone, not just pet owners.

That's about it, it really is a 3 out of 5 stars, not great, but not bad, but definitely not what im used to at a La Quinta.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Melissa E, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a very detailed review. I'm sorry you did not feel our staff was accommodating to your needs, I will defiantly address your concerns with our Guest Service Associates. In regards to our rate, I can assure you it is not a lie; La Quinta has what’s called dynamic pricing. It’s tiered pricing and is based on occupancy. The further out you book, the better rate you receive. We do competitive shop surveys in the area, and our pricing is inline with sister hotels in the area. Rate integrity is very important and we recognize that. We acknowledge that our rooms are tired, and we are excited to say we are approved and scheduled for a multi million dollar renovation starting very soon.
Ventura, United States
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel is very close to the airport and Chabot College. I have stayed there in the past and not had any problems, but on this last visit, the room I was in smelled like pet urine and mildew. Other visitors reported getting bug bites while sleeping. It is usually quiet, though, and the breakfast is good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Kari W
Thank you for your review. I am please to let you know that we start our multi million dollar renovation very soon. The whole hotel will be remodel! We hope you come back and see the finished produced. I'm so sorry your room was not up to par, I will discuss with our housekeeping staff, and use your feedback as a training tool.
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Overall the stay here was pleasant but more attention needs to paid to the cleanliness of the rooms. Found a dirty washcloth in the shower one towel had a long black hair on it. Floors were not vacuumed properly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your review, I am sorry your room was not ready for you when you arrived. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms, and you did not get to experience that. I have forwarded your review to our Housekeeping Manager so she can review with her staff, and reiterate the importance of attention to detail. Hope to see you again in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Hayward hotels

Grover Beach, California
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed and rode Bart to Oakland A's game . Was a great way to avoid stadium traffic. There is parking garage just east of Bart, there is also a Laquita in Dublin and a close by Bart to ride to stadium. Also Bart does go to San Francisco

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Jeff G
We're so glad you had a nice stay at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We hope you come back and see our renovated property next time you visit the Hayward area.
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We arrived very late and were very happy with the staff and check in. Very honest staff saved and returned an item left in the room and held it for pick up the next day. Great value, good location near Oak Airport. No shuttle service to the Airport but easy to get to in our rental car.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your review, I'm glad you got your things back safe and sound. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Hayward.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayward
Best Western Plus Inn of Hayward
Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward
Vagabond Inn Executive Hayward
Quality Inn Hayward Hotel
Fairfield Inn & Suites Oakland Hayward
The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport? Share your experiences!