“Great hotel, perfect location!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Oakland - Hayward
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Hayward
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We were planning a last minute trip to the San Francisco area but didn't want to pay $200+ to actually stay in the city. And we needed pet friendly accommodations. The location here was perfect! Close enough to travel into the city for our sight seeing, and able to come home at night. Along the lines of location, this hotel is perfect! I hate staying at an isolated hotel- trying to find somewhere to eat. Well, this hotel is directly across the street from a Starbucks, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Target, Dollar Tree, a donut shop and at least two grocery stores. Those are just the ones that I remember. It was perfect or our weekend stay. The room was clean, the pool was clean, the staff was super friendly- the housekeeping wonderful. Breakfast was fully stocked and restocked.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Melissa E, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Oakland - Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to complete our survey. We hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Totally not happy with my stay here. The first set of keys I was given was a room so far away from the front desk! So when I first get there, it looks as if the door was kicked in before, I opened the door to find a unmade bed and a tv on! I have no idea if I was given keys to someone else's room or a uncleaned room! I immediately go all the way back to the front desk! They switched me out to a new one, I was like fine great! So later on that night in the new room, my boyfriend and I are laying in the bed watching tv and the alarm clock goes off by itself! He gets up and unplugs it because I couldn't figure out how to turn it off! So I get up to look at the wall port. The headboard ends up falling off the wall! There was holes in the wall. The headboard was hanging pretty much by one more screw! So here I go being moved to another room for the third time! I woke up in the morning to call front desk for late check out, because I'm a gold member, and they only give me a extra 30mins..... every other la quinta I have stayed at normally gives me a 1 o'clock check out! I even had a 1:30 before. This is my last stay at this location! This location is more expensive then any other location I have stayed at in the local area. It's very outdated, as if they
Spend more money on there lobby.U

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank mzbossy
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The staff was very nice but the hotel is not anywhere I would stay or feel safe. The room was very dirty. The carpet and furniture was lacking a serious cleaning . The smell in the room was horrible and the bed was so old you can see the springs coming out. I checked in and immediately checked out.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

I'm sorry our hotel was not what you expected. I hope you will come back and try us again in the fall and see our fully renovated hotel. We are very excited for what’s to come.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Great hotel for taking BART. Restaurants and shops nearby are good quality. Room was comfortable and staff very courteous. Breakfast has excellent choices...eggs (hard boiled and scrambled!), waffles, meat, lots of extras.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joan G

Thank you for staying at La Quinta Inn & Suites here in Hayward, we hope to see you again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I had a great 6 day stay here. Rooms were comfortable, close to the Oakland airport and great breakfast options in the morning. Also great staff. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Even saved us money by recommending the BART and taking us there! Would totally stay again if I came back to the Bay Area.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

It's so nice to here you had a great stay with us. Our staff prides themselves on helping every guest have an enjoyable stay. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel is a little outdated and the aroma in the air confirms that. It is right next to the Hayward Exec airport. The Oakland airport (OAK) is about a 15 minute drive up the interstate. The rooms appeared to be clean, but I think the age of the place kind of leaves you with a questionable feeling. It is a slightly larger La Quinta with several conference and meeting rooms. The bed was decent; did its job. Wasn't a terrible stay, but wasn't the greatest either.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bucs0535

Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. We agree the hotel is showing its age. We are in the process of a full renovation. I hope the next time you travel to Hayward you come see our progress.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is my second time staying at this location and both times were good with the exception of my last visit. There was mildew stains on the sheets that were on my bed and there was another customer who had two huge dogs and I had to wait for ten minutes for them to get on the elevator. I don't have a problem with animals, I just feel the should be a size limit to ensure the comfort ability of other guests.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Melissa E, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Oakland - Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for your response. I am sorry you had some issues while staying with us. I have forwarded your comments to my Housekeeping Manager, and she will make sure to discuss with her staff so something like this doesn't happen again. We hope you will give us another try next time you're visiting the Hayward area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayward
Best Western Plus Inn of Hayward
Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward
Vagabond Inn Executive Hayward
Quality Inn Hayward Hotel
Fairfield Inn & Suites Oakland Hayward
The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Oakland - Hayward? Share your experiences!