“This place sucks”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Heritage Inn

Heritage Inn
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Hayward

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Escondido, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

Old, worn, and damaged room. WiFi didn't work in lobby. People "hanging around" made me feel very unsafe. Clearly stated at check-in desk about no refunds, we left and stayed at a national chain hotel anyway. I should have read the reviews first!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank M G
Le Grand, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

When my wife made the reservations they assured us there would be a microwave and a refrigerator in the room. I was traveling for work and was on a budget so had brought food from home to eat throughout the week. First night nothing, 2nd night got the microwave, never did get the refrigerator. When you call the 800 number to complain, you can't hear the person on the other line, it's strange how their reservation line is clear as a bell but the complaint line does not work. My shower didn't work my 2nd night there called the front desk, they said they would send someone right away. No one ever came. I fixed it myself. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Kim S

Travellers are raving about these Hayward hotels

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

I am an attorney who recently traveled from Texas to California on a trip, and had the unlucky experience of staying here. This place and Raj will soon be put out of business, we are working on it as you read this. That is all I am going to say.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank j L
Oakland, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

To start off, let me say... OMG!! This place is disgusting, horrible and looks nothing like the advertised pics. Its all false, the rooms are terrible. When I made it into my First room the tv nor the telephone worked, no towels and red stains on the bed, ILL.. So the SECOND room I got, which was a non smoking room, smelled like an animal was dead under the bed, sound on the television was'nt working at all and they did'nt have a technician, and about wifi none... No fitness Center

Room Tip: Do not book here...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank menione m
Arcadia, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

This was the worst hotel I have ever walked into. The carpet was filthy and the bathroom was disgusting. The shower walls were cracked and dirty. I thought I walked onto a aet of a horror movie. It was so bad I thought to myself that maybe if I just turn off the light and go to sleep it wouldn't be so bad, but I just couldn't stay. The undercover cops were rolling down the street when i pulled in at 11:30pm. I thought it was really weird for all kinds of kids to hanging out in the hotel lobby they were ranging from ages 5 years to 15 years old. Where are the parents? I felt so sad for those kids to have to live that way. I'm a grown man and i didn't feel safe there. Thank goodness for Best Western a few blocks away. Don't ever compromise safety and comfort for price.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank PAX112
Honest0
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

I booked a room online for one night stay, when I arrived as expected my reservation was there and staff was friendly. The room was not that great could have been much better in appearance. There were no clothes hangers, no frig or microwave, no coffee maker, no iron or ironing board, the drapes was shabby, but it did have cable tv with avariety of channels, heating and air is a window unit that haven't been cleaned since installed. It is two story with stairs no elevator and really not handycap friendly with easy access to upper level floors. The area is drug infested and women of the night. This hotel is in dire need of serious upgrage and repairs. If you are looking for some place to sleep for a night this may work for you.

Room Tip: For this particular hotel there is no tip because, there is no best rooms at this hotel.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Honest0
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayward
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport
Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward
Bay Breeze Inn Oakland
Bay Breeze Inn Oakland
#15 of 49 in Oakland
Vagabond Inn Executive Hayward
BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Hayward
Quality Inn Hayward Hotel

Been to Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!