“This place really should be torn down”
Review of Heritage Inn

Heritage Inn
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Hayward
Long Beach, CA
“This place really should be torn down”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I know the title of my review is harsh but I can think of no other way to articulate the nightmare that I experienced at this place. I have traveled a fair amount at this point in my life and in that time I have been to some less than amazing places. However the Heritage Inn is BY FAR the WORST experience I've ever had traveling. I like to think I'm level headed in my reviews, I understand that there will be some bad and good at any place to you go, this place fails in every category.

First off it is located in a very shady part of town, we arrived at 2:00am after a long drive from Southern Cal. Upon arrival I attempted to walk into the lobby but the doors were locked, the clerk pointed in the direction of a window. So at 2am I'm am standing outside communicating with the clerk through a thick bullet proof glass window. She gives me the key and I proceed to WALK up three flights of stairs before I reach room 302. We get in and my 18 year daughter says 'Are you serious!' The place was a total wreck! Smelled of urine (not very strong) and vomit, the carpet was filthy, the walls were damaged, in the closet area was a ironing board with no cover just laying awkwardly against the wall. The bathroom was weirdly designed and dirty. So I immediately headed down to the front desk or service window and complained, she seemed hardly surprised that I was dissatisfied and offered me another room. I must say that she was very friendly and tried to be helpful. So I head back up three flights of stairs and head to room 307...the door would not even open. So I head back down stairs and the clerk give me a key to room 215, I open the door and this room was even more gross than the initial one we were in. I called around trying to find another hotel within a reasonable distance and no luck we were stuck so we braved it out until 7am and bolted!

Also while there it seemed that a lot of people, locals I presume just sort of hang out, I noticed two young men in particular making some sort of exchange which, I was raised in the inner city so I think one of them was selling drugs. There were a couple guys riding on bikes through the parking area and I thought my car would get broken into so I stayed up nearly all night at the window checking on it. At any rate this place should not be advertised ANYWHERE as a hotel as it is a complete and total dump! I was with my wife and 18 year old daughter for her college orientation and we did not feel safe. I am writing a letter to the website where I booked to beg them to remove this location from their site.

Room Tip: I had three different rooms and I don't think there's a chance you be able to find a decent...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank keithsam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Escondido, California
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Old, worn, and damaged room. WiFi didn't work in lobby. People "hanging around" made me feel very unsafe. Clearly stated at check-in desk about no refunds, we left and stayed at a national chain hotel anyway. I should have read the reviews first!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank M G

Travellers are raving about these Hayward hotels

Le Grand, CA
Reviewed 19 July 2012

When my wife made the reservations they assured us there would be a microwave and a refrigerator in the room. I was traveling for work and was on a budget so had brought food from home to eat throughout the week. First night nothing, 2nd night got the microwave, never did get the refrigerator. When you call the 800 number to complain, you can't hear the person on the other line, it's strange how their reservation line is clear as a bell but the complaint line does not work. My shower didn't work my 2nd night there called the front desk, they said they would send someone right away. No one ever came. I fixed it myself. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Kim S
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I am an attorney who recently traveled from Texas to California on a trip, and had the unlucky experience of staying here. This place and Raj will soon be put out of business, we are working on it as you read this. That is all I am going to say.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank j L
Oakland, California
Reviewed 16 May 2012

To start off, let me say... OMG!! This place is disgusting, horrible and looks nothing like the advertised pics. Its all false, the rooms are terrible. When I made it into my First room the tv nor the telephone worked, no towels and red stains on the bed, ILL.. So the SECOND room I got, which was a non smoking room, smelled like an animal was dead under the bed, sound on the television was'nt working at all and they did'nt have a technician, and about wifi none... No fitness Center

Room Tip: Do not book here...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank menione m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayward
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport
Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward
Bay Breeze Inn Oakland
Bay Breeze Inn Oakland
#16 of 49 in Oakland
Vagabond Inn Executive Hayward
Best Western Plus Inn of Hayward
Quality Inn Hayward Hotel

Been to Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!