“Clean and Comfortable, a great place to stay.”
Review of Motel 6 Hayward

Motel 6 Hayward
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Hayward
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I stay at this hotel 15 or so times per year. The check in is fast and efficient. The new look is great and the new rooms are perfectly clean with the bed comfortable. I like the hook ups on the front of the TV so you can play any video from your phone or player. Laundry facilities by the office and there's a restaurant in the parking lot. Overall, a great place to stay.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ChuckMosher

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We book this motel based on review here. We booked it 3 weeks before our travel date. Had notify the motel of our late check in. Guess what, when we reached this motel 10pm with my 4yo, the front desk lady told us our room was gave away due to "fully book". We asked why the motel didn't even notify us when they cancel our room, the lady was very rude and yell at us that is was their 'policy'. There's one guy behind us asked her whether there is any other hotel nearby we can go, she just reply "all hotel is fully book, you just have to look somewhere else". Motel 6 Hayward, WE BAND YOU FOR LIFE!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jac L
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Motel 6, this motel was nice, the rooms were ok.. the staff were very friendly .. on another note, the area is creepy… Men always hanging around the hotels, my room always smelt like marijuana the smell was bad that I had to leave the door open for little to air it out… Although our beds were made daily, I don’t think the floors were swept daily, I always found it very dirty… my last day there I found a roach crawling in the bathroom… WIFI what a joke, $2.99 and it was very SLOW, SLOW not even worth the $2.99…

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jennyrocha
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

This is one of the nicer Motel 6's I've stayed in. I usually try to avoid the chain anymore because I feel the quality has gone downhill and they usually charge for internet (I hate being nickeled and dimed...I can't believe the fools that manage these places don't realize they lose more business than they make by doing this. It's like a checked bag fee on an airline...I'll pay more for another airline just to avoid the insult). But anyway, I was impressed with this place. It was clean and recently remodeled and much nicer than any Motel 6 I've stayed in. It was right next to the highway but still not very noisy. They had the best price going in the area by about $30 so I was happy with the value. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jim K
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Was looking for a cheap weekly room while working in Silicon Valley , this motel 6 did the job nicely. There were a loud bunch of truckers hanging in the parking lot one night but they got quiet before it got too late. There's a Denny's and mcdonalds on site, and the staff was very nice . It not a four seasons but it seems safe and clean .

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I was forced to leave on the 4th day because the manager has the idea that I had too much stuff!!! He said 'this is not a storage facility'. I was floored. I had just taken a greyhound from seattle to cali. I had a large bix because that is how my things had to be shipped, along with 2 suitcases. I did not unload any if my things into the room. Everything stayed in the bags I had. I took the clothes out of the box and put them in a carrying bag. This is a hotel for godsakes!! Why am I not allowed to have ny three bags? I didnt have a car so I had to put my things in the hotel. I moved from another state and I have been paying for the hotel on a daily basis. I found out after calling c. service that this guy lied and said I vandalized the room so even if I was able to stay, I wouldnt be able to because of hus outright lie. I did nothing to warrant this treatment. I was forced to pay 20 for a cab to a different location. I was appalled this happened to me. If u want unfair treatment, then go to this motel 6.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank DeniseandRonski
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My first stay in a Motel6 was pleasant and, unfortunately, memorable. As we checked in, my sister and I received word that our father had just died. We had left him a half-hour previous and had hoped to celebrate Father's Day with him. The staff was sympathetic and offered my sister a towel, which was put to good use.
Room had only basic amenities, but was surprisingly well-maintained. In fact, it looked new! An excellent choice for those on a budget. Warning - Motel6 rates vary. This one was $65, including tax. One closer to the hospital ran another $40, though we passed one that was only 49.99 plus tax. It pays to shop.

Room Tip: Shop around - rates vary quite a bit. Don't order room service. Minimum charge is $15, and is...