“So So stay”

Super 8 Hayward Downtown
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Hayward

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
JULIANADORP
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Motel was good but breakfast was without a table and chairs.
It was very noisy but the police came and took the people away.
Overall was the price for what we got ok.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Reviewed 6 July 2012 via mobile

Dirtiest most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in. I cannot believe a national chain like Super 8 would allow this. I will never look to stay a a Super 8 again.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank route6462

Travellers are raving about these Hayward hotels

Martinsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed 17 August 2011

It was my first time in California and I stayed at this Super 8 with my friends. We checked in, went to our room and the first thing we noticed was a stale odor. The room was clean, so we continued to get settled in. The sheets were thin on the bed but looked fairly clean and the bed was comfortable.
The next morning we got up and went to take our showers and there was NO HOT WATER!! We called the front desk with no answer for over an hour. Eventually I walked down to the front to get my free continental breakfast and no one was there!!
I feel that my friends and I were scammed! They seem to be trying to save money by saving all their hot water and not feeding you here when that is what is supposed to be included!!
I don't recommend staying here if you want to have an enjoyable stay in Hayward, because I sure did not!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Melanie C
Clovis, California
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I DO NOT RECOMMEND SUPER 8! This was my first time at this place and it will be my last. My room had NO HOT WATER and the receptionist was nowhere to be found. The office wasn't open when I checked out at almost 8am in the morning, so needless to say, my daughter, my friend, and I didn't our continental breakfast either. I want half of my money back and when I went to the office to ask for some sort of compensation, the office door was locked, the night bell didn't work, and noone was in the office!

Room Tip: Don't stay at a Super 8 motel/hotel
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Elana75
Lodi, California
Reviewed 15 September 2010

I am ashamed to say i have stayed here once. First of all, The rate outside said $45, they charged me $65. When i got to my room it smelled bad and the lights did not work, the toilet did not work (to flush it i had to lift the top off and stick my hand in dirty water and pull the plug) the remote did not work. The hot water did not work. I went to tell the lady downstairs & to try to get a refund and she sent her husband up to my room & when he went in the room. HE FIXED EVERTHING and then came back down and told me that everything is working fine and i was wrong!! SHADY!!!!!! I told them that was shady of him and i wanted a refund and they proceeded to yell at me and call me a stupid american & told me that americans are stupid!! & flipped me off as i was leaving. At that point i needed someone to hold me back. Don't even bother staying there... They are racist and shady!!

Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lindytaytay
supe8hayward, Manager at Super 8 Hayward Downtown, responded to this review, 27 September 2010
The guest has stated that they were charged $65.00 for a room when the rate was suppose to be $45.00. We have two buildings at Super 8. The $45.00 rate is for one of the buildings and the second building has the $65-75 rates. The $45.00 rate was unavailable, therefore the guest was given a $5 discount on the rate and was offered a $60.00 rate.

The guest complained that everything in the room wasn't working, when in fact we had our maintenance team check the room to verify that everything in the room was fully functional. The guest had used the room and expected a refund.

The guest also complained about racial remarks made by the front desk clerk. These accusations are false. The guest was upset they could not get a refund for a room they used and did not want to pay for.
Califoria
Reviewed 16 December 2009

We were two African- Americans trying to check in late at night. I presented my discover card, and the night manager said at first that they accepted cash only. When I pointed out to him that the sign at the door showed credit cards, he then said they don't take discover cards, I looked again at the door sign and saw the discover logo. He then took my card. It was also obvious that there were plenty of rooms available, but he sent us to the 4th floor, to a room in the back of the building, and the door card did not work. It was downhill from there. Needless to say, I demanded a full refund (because we ended up locked out of the room when we went out, and the manager did not respond to the door bell when we came back, and couldn't get back in the room). I also wrote them a letter, stating that we believe there are discriminatory practices. I got my refund ($60 dollars), and vowed to NEVER go back there.‎

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Countrytraveler2
supe8hayward, Manager at Super 8 Hayward Downtown, responded to this review, 28 July 2010
I'm very sorry for your inconvinience. But this hotel is under new management now. We did a lot of remodeling and hired new front desk clerks. I'm very sure your next stay with us will be a much better experience.