“The best part was leaving with my life”

Super 8 Hayward Downtown
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Hayward
Seattle
“The best part was leaving with my life”
Reviewed 1 March 2009

Gross - Probably rented by the hour - First room had broken toilet and dirty room, moved to second room, full of ashes, dirty, stuff on walls, cob webs, dirty bathroom, floors not vaccummed, mold all over, stuff dripping down the walls and dried, mold in the fridge, carpets have not been cleaned in very long time (sticky), ashed smeared on the bathroom walls and clock radio, TV buttons sticky and dirty, (see photo's). Poor customer service, was ignored when walked into lobby, finally someone else came out from back room to check us in. At 8:45 am office was still closed. Shame on Super 8 for letting this slum lord use their name.

The Window locks were broken in such a manner they looked like they were locked, but the window could be opened, the door jamb was broken like it was kicked in, hall ways were dirty and needed to be pressure washed, rain gutters overflowing, hundreds of cigarettes all over the landscaping, The air conditioner was full of food and trash (see photo)

Zoom in on the photo's to see the dirt and mold.

"The best part was leaving with my life." Thanks Alaska Air for booking me in this Hell Hole of a preferred travel partner of your.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank ewrjghtdovmgktoyio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Las Vegas
Reviewed 23 January 2009

This place is a dump. The rooms were dirty and noisy. The bathroom sink did not work. It seemed as if the management was renting the rooms by the hour.

The very surly night manager demanded cash only for the stay, the lobby was never actually open for breakfast. I cut my stay short, and for over an hour couldn't get anyone to check me out and give me a refund.

Super 8 corporate (wyndam) couldn't care less about my complaints. I would never stay here again nor would I let any one I know.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank LVTravelerLasVegas

Travellers are raving about these Hayward hotels

Riverside
Reviewed 26 August 2008

Our non-smoking room clearly smelled of cigarette. The walls were really thin. We could hear our next door neighbor talking on the phone and we even heard him snore in the middle of the night.
The towels looked old and dirty and were like sandpaper.
We didn't get to eat breakfast because the lobby/front office was still closed at 8:30 am.
Thank god there was a IHOP just a block away.

• Disliked — Staff and towels
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LaurenRiverside
Southern Cali
Reviewed 14 May 2008

I dont want to be super critical over a motel I got at a deceint price but ... really; Being their for several days, It all just added up to this review.
First, after checking in, then hanging up my garment bag, the rack falls to the floor; look at the floor, and it looks and smells is if it may have been last cleaned/shampooed 2 years ago. Then I really checked out the bed and rest of the room. The bed was clean and soft.. wow.. impressed! So we stayed! The bed linen was okay but later noticed embedded brown stains on one of the pillow cases. All the towels were almost wafer thin and felt like sandpaper... (no pumice needed!). Luckily we brought our own.
A couple of days passed with no improvement; We actually started noticing holes in the linen and more stains. Upon leaving one day I took some pictures that may explain why.... The bedsheets were being used as sacks, outside on the ground by housekeeping. (see photos)
After spraying the room with a half bottle of Lysol and using our own towels, the room was acceptable. It was roomy and somewhat clean.

• Liked — Marble Floors
  • Disliked — Linens, Towels and carpet
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank photopeeps
Bay area
Reviewed 30 October 2007

I'm from the bay area and stayed here to avoid my commute after working overtime. I arrived around 2:30 a.m. and had to check in at a security window instead of the office. The night manager seemed surprised by a woman checking in so late. I had requested a room upstairs, in back, and away from the traffic. I got a room on the second floor halfway through the complex. While getting things out of my car, I saw a man hanging out an upstairs window smoking. When I arrived in my room, the first thing I heard was a baby crying in the room next door. My bed creaked, the sheets were thin and the carpet was filthy. The website said the rooms were renovated in 2004. I had to run the fan to drown out the crying baby next door. The next morning the channels on the television were not clear. There was no coffee near the coffeemaker. The refrigerator was off. The bathroom shower curtains had mold, and there was the appearance of an incomplete patch job near the shower head. All night I was hoping I wouldn't wake up with lice. I had visions that the other rooms were filled with nearly homeless people staying there once a week to take a shower and sleep in a bed. I won't be staying here again.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — icky factor
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled solo
1 Thank e52gs11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayward
Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward
Quality Inn Hayward Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport
Best Western Plus Inn of Hayward
Days Inn Hayward Airport
Days Inn Hayward Airport
#10 of 15 in Hayward

Been to Super 8 Hayward Downtown? Share your experiences!