Days Inn Hayward Airport
US$95
QualityInn
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleanhayward airportflat screen tvcoffee makerrayposting
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Needed a place to stay while attending a friend’s wedding in Oakland, but decided to stay at the Days Inn in Hayward since prices were much better than in Oakland. The property was conveniently located right off of 880 and only a 10 minute drive from where I needed to be in Oakland. I was pleasantly surprised when I pulled in. The hotel looked pretty modern, and the gentleman at the front desk was friendly. I had a room on the 3rd floor (there’s an elevator) which was nicely decorated for an economy hotel. I really liked that they had a flat panel TV and tons of channels. The room was clean, and the beds were super comfy. There was also a microwave and refrigerator in the room that I did not use. I’d definitely stay here again when I come back to the area.

Room Tip: My room farther from the street was quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Rating this filthy place with even a 1 was giving them more than they deserved. Bathroom is filthy to where there are huge stains all over the walls to include behind the toilet. There were only 2 large towels and when I called front desk to request for 4 towels the elderly rude male employee's response was "is there a lot of people in there" I stated I have 4 children and there are only 2 towels in here and his reply "ooooo my god..come to the office and it will be there." I arrive there and he tells me to wait..,,I wait...and then I wait. I finally ask how much longer am I going to wait his reply is they went to get it. I told him to call me when they arrive and he tried to tell me to wait there as I walked off upset.
Following morning, breakfast plastic utensils were filthy! Why offer oatmeal packets when there is no microwave in that area to cook it! Horrible! Not even a hello or good morning to anyone walking in. Instead he is so tied up in his life insurance conversation he is having with another guest.
My 1st experience as a days inn guest and after this, this will definately be my last. Damn you Hotwire for even placing us in this hell hole of a place! Never again!

Ps.
A non smoking room is where I was placed but yet in the bathroom it smells like smoke and the room smells like old and filthy!

Room Tip: Don't waste your money here...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Island L
Reviewed 13 April 2013

It is a typical of bad management/ ownership of similar people. Smelly, noisy, dirty with shady characters. front desk walks around with slippers. Horrible service.
bugs in the room,
How do these people pass city inspection?

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Your non smoking rooms have all recently been smoking rooms and have an incredibly nauseating smell.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family