“Unimpressed”

Cuisines: French
Menifee, California
“Unimpressed”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

First, my diet Coke arrived in a lipstick smeared dirty glass. The second diet Coke tasted funny; the third was ok. I ordered the Sea Bass...yuck. Strong fishy taste and smell. So happy I didn't order sushi. Server asked if I wanted something in its place..decided on chicken. She asked if I wanted to eat it there or take it home. Of course, I wanted to finish my dinner at the restaurant. Took forever for the chicken to arrive. Meanwhile all our utensils, dishes and drinks were removed from the table. When the chicken arrived it was in a to go box. Would I eat here again? NO!

• Visited June 2014

Castro Valley, California, United States
“Take it off the menu”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Had the worst ramen ever! Do not order this. Beware. If you like unjapanese designer sushi rolls. This unjapanese owned restaurant is probably for you.

San Jose, California
“Bento Box is Best”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My wife and I take this restaurant in occationally for lunch on a Saturday.
We like to sit at the counter to watch the sushi chefs work their magic with their knives and the fish. They are engaging and extremely talentedl It is very fun to watch the cutting!
Our favorite is the Bento Box. It's a lunch size sampler that is excellently prepared and served. I like the Teriaki chicken and she ususally gets something from the sea. The lunch box ususally has some tampura fried vegatables, a little salad, some rice and the main featured item. The food is tasty, hot and REALLY well presented even for a "lunch at the counter".
The service has been consistanly good. The hot tea never seems to run out, they give you hot towels to clean you hands and if the oranges are in season, we usually talk our way into a little fresh dessert.
All this seems to be a little out of place for "blue collar" Hayward but it really is a great place to get traditional Japanese cuisene, even for a nice lunch.
We will continue to return.

• Visited February 2014
Oakland, California
“Great Service and Birthday Celebration”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We made a reservation for 12 to celebrate Grandmother's birthday. The service was excellent, very attentive to our needs and friendly to our young children. The food was very good, especially the rack of lamb and sushi dishes. They also provided a complimentary dessert, took a picture of the group and gave it to grandmother (framed). In addition they allowed us to bring our own cake, provided dishes and silverware and joined in the singing. It was a most enjoyable and delightful experience.

• Visited March 2014
Hayward ca
“YUM!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Bento box is delicious! The ambiance itself is a little dull for a Japanese restaurant, a little on the crowded side as the tables are Farley close to each other and if you don't mind sharing your conversation with complete strangers the food makes up for it.

• Visited January 2014