“A very popular place.”

Ranked #98 of 354 Restaurants in Hayward
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 17 January 2017

This is, of course, a chain restaurant. My family enjoys IHOP and we eat at several around the Bay Area.
This one is doing something right, on weekends there is a line out the door. Mostly families.
The only drawback is a small and rather steep parking lot.

Reviewed 21 October 2016

Food was good and so was the friendly service. Very busy at meal times for it's on one of the main streets of Hayward and just down the road from Hotel 8

Reviewed 21 January 2016

We usually don't eat at IHOP but when you travel you eat what's out there to eat. Now I remember why. The food was ok, the service was ok, the bill was ridiculous coulda had a steak.

Reviewed 20 October 2014

I have been eating at IHops for over 30 years and I have never had a complaint. Basically the service and food are the same, since they are franchised. The Foothill location is busiest on Sunday mornings. The estimated wait time is 30 minutes but well worth the wait. We like to order the New York Cheesecake Pancakes and Strawberries & Cream Crepe.

Reviewed 17 October 2014

Everyone knows it is a sin to visit IHOP on Sunday morning. This is the busiest time. Nonetheless, we went before driving 6+ hours home. We were given a wait time of 30 minutes for our party of 8. After 30 minutes, we were told another 20 minutes. Huge disappointment, but like I said, It was Sunday morning so what could we expect. Once seated, service was very fast. Waitress was attentive, quick, and very friendly. Despite being very busy, drinks and food were all brought out relatively fast compared to other IHOPs and other days of the week. For misquoting our wait time for a table, this place lost a star from me. The other star comes for a horrible parking lot. You are better off parking on the street just around the corner.... but like I said, it was Sunday!

Been to IHOP? Share your experiences!