“amazing!”

Healdsburg Wine Tours
Ranked #5 of 27 Tours in Healdsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: As both owner and primary tour guide for your wine country tour, Sid takes great pride in creating a day of introduction and exploration, bringing his guests to smaller wineries that reside on the road less taken... these intimate and personal wine tasting experiences are borne of the relationships that Sid has created with winemakers and winery owners throughout wine country, and are the days and memories of which perfect vacations are made. Healdsburg Wine Tours can create a wine country tour to fit your specific needs and requests, or take advantage of Sid's extensive knowlege of the Healdsburg and Sonoma County areas to discover the hidden treasures and incredible beauty of wine country with Sid's personality, charm and experience to lead the way.
Reviewed 22 April 2008

This was our first wine tour, and we will never use anyone else! Sid was amazing! The tour started out with a party of 2 and grew to 6 of us... Sid took it in stride & drove our SUV so we could all be accommodated. The communication prior was great via email. He gave suggestions, and asked if we had any of our own. He sent a 'plan' but was so flexible during our trip, if was NO pressure. He gently guided us along & was so informative & friendly…. it was really a pleasure. I left my jacket at one of the wineries and between the winemaker and Sid, it was delivered back to be before we even returned to our room! What a unique experience, actually sitting with the wine makers (in their backyards!) we will definitely be using his services again. Hopefully SOONER rather than later! :)

5  Thank gentlefur

Reviewed 17 April 2008

I never used Tripadvisor before but when I was looking for a driver in the wine country for our March 2008 trip, I decided to use it. My husband and I enjoyed the time with Sid and Healdsburg Wine Tour. We had never been to the wine country and booking with Sid's company was the best decision we made!! We booked the guided wine tour the first day and then went the other days on our own. That was the best plan. Sid and I communicated via email/phone weeks in advance of the trip. He took the time to figure out what type of places we'd like to see, gave us advice on how to get the most out of our trip, and then designed a day/arranging appointments to fit our preferences. He also made suggestions re: dinner/hotel accommodations. Finally, he gave us some ideas of wineries we might like to visit when we were touring "on our own" on the days to follow. There's so much to choose from -- it can be overwhelming. He was professional and knowledgeable. Money well spent! We've recommended Healdsburg Wine Tours everyone we know headed up to that area.

5  Thank Scarlett444
Reviewed 16 April 2008

Sid's expertise and sincere desire to create an extraordinary experience for us was perfectly executed. We were ever so gently whisked off to an incredible combination of wineries that had the reputation for the most exquisite wines in their class, the friendliest and most genuine service, and the most breathtakingly beautiful locations. We were treated to some of the most gorgeous back-road drives in the area, at a pace that was perfect for us. In an area that is saturated with wineries that are not all created equal, Sid hand-picked for us only the best. We had the most enjoyable wine-tasting experience we have ever had. It was clear that we were the benefactors of Sid's dedication to excellence. We couldn't have asked for more!

3  Thank aviasales
Reviewed 19 March 2008

We went to the Duchamp Hotel for my birthday last weekend. Sid at the hotel was wonderful. He thought of everything. We had a chilled bottle of wine when we arrived. He helped with dinner reservations both nights we were there. He knows everyone in all of Healdsburg, and at all the local wineries, and it was so nice that he had paved the way by anticipating what we would want. The absolute highlight of our trip (well, other than the 7 course chef's tasting menu at Cyrus!) was a wine tour that Sid took us on Saturday morning. Based on his wonderful suggestions, and driven around by Sid himself in a beautiful Towncar, we started with a very detailed tour of the Lancaster family estate winery, complete with a drive through the vineyards and some instruction on the process of harvest and fermentation before "racking" and then bottling. I may live in San Francisco, but other than drinking wine, we know very little about how it's done. The tour is by appointment only, but is free of charge and we would highly recommend Lancaster as a place to start. Wonderful plus the grounds are so beautiful you never want to leave. Then Sid took us to several more wineries where they all said happy birthday to me since Sid had called in advance. It was such a nice touch. He even got me flowers from a roadside stand run by little kids. Our rainy afternoon was rounded out by a very tasty lunch in front of a fire while tasting flights of wine at Coppola's new tasting room and restaurant Rosso & Bianco. I have to say, it was about as perfect a birthday as anyone could have and the hotel was pretty nice too. Although I don't think I want to drink wine ever again after last Saturday -- no not really. Kidding. Thanks again Sid for everything.”

3  Thank Alxvalwine
Reviewed 6 March 2008

Thank you Sid very much for making our weekend so fantastic.

We four sisters look forward to seeing each other so much and Sid expertise and gracious manner made the weekend extra special. The day of touring vineyards, His expert advise on everything were truly appreciated!

Thank you a million times over. I look forward to seeing him on another trip soon.
You can visit his website www.healdsburgwinetour.com

2  Thank SyrahgirlNy