“Sid is the man!”

Healdsburg Wine Tours
Ranked #5 of 27 Tours in Healdsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: As both owner and primary tour guide for your wine country tour, Sid takes great pride in creating a day of introduction and exploration, bringing his guests to smaller wineries that reside on the road less taken... these intimate and personal wine tasting experiences are borne of the relationships that Sid has created with winemakers and winery owners throughout wine country, and are the days and memories of which perfect vacations are made. Healdsburg Wine Tours can create a wine country tour to fit your specific needs and requests, or take advantage of Sid's extensive knowlege of the Healdsburg and Sonoma County areas to discover the hidden treasures and incredible beauty of wine country with Sid's personality, charm and experience to lead the way.
New York City, New York
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Sid is the man!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Just got back from our family trip to Sonoma. It was my first time there and I'm sure the reason we enjoyed it so much was because of Sid and the two absolutely perfect days he planned for us. We visited 8 wineries (in two days) and he arranged private tastings and tours for us at each of the wineries. All of the wineries he chose were wonderful and so different from one another. He really made sure to plan out every detail so that the day would run smoothly. He is professional, knowledgeable, and just a cool, laid-back guy you'd want to spend the day with. I would definitely recommend booking a tour rather than figuring it out on your own -- not only do you get insider knowledge and access/tours you wouldn't get otherwise, you get a DD, too!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank jessmott

Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best wine tour ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

We spent 3 days in Healdsburg for our honeymoon. Being from Oregon, we are fairly knowledgeable about NW wine country and had hopes of learning about California wines. Joe and Healdsburg Wine Tour were one our highlights of the trip. They talked with us about the types of wines we enjoy and what we wanted from our day. They tailored the tour to us and far exceeded our expectations. We tasted great wines, visited amazing wineries and learned a lot. We will definitely be connecting with them again, and highly recommend them for a wonderful day in wine country!

1 Thank Gina V
Chilliwack, Canada
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“This is a must on your Sonoma valley wine tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

This was a truly exceptional stop on our tour through the Sonoma valley. The wine tasting was excellent (and--very unusual these days--free) but the education about wine making from the owner was amazing. We sampled some tanks where the grapes had just begun to ferment to compare the varietal characteristics to the wine we were tasting--wonderful. This was absolutely the best stop on our tour and I would absolutely go back again!

1 Thank Doug F
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“An amazing day with Sid and Healdsburg Wine Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

My wife and I just got back from a long weekend trip up in the Russian River Valley. It was our first time really going out there and when it came to visiting vineyards, we're complete novices.

So instead of trying to figure it all out, we booked a day with Healdsburg Wine Tours. And what an amazing day it was.

Sid showed up on time at our slightly remote (ahem - VERY remote) location in Guerneville and we felt warmly welcomed from the moment he said hello.

Our day consisted of visits to multiple vineyards and here's what I noticed. One, the vineyards and people Sid selected for us were perfect. We didn't just get to taste wine - we got a taste of the passion that goes into growing and making great wines. From the wonderful folks at Medlock Ames to Starlite's awesome tasting room to John Tyler's warm family feel - every stop we made was magical in it's own way.

Let's just say Sid knows what he's doing and all of his recommendations were spot on! In fact, before we left I had done some basic searching around and had an idea of where I thought we should go for a picnic lunch. Sid suggested another plan and man - was he right!

We had an AMAZING lunch in a great lookout spot. We HATED to see the day end.

Oh - and when I first booked the day I worried that it might be a bit expensive. But trust me when I say that as the day went on, I realized it was a bargain. Worth EVERY penny and then some.

We saw things most folks never get to see; we talked to owners and growers of wine, not just bartenders in tasting rooms. And in all the tastings setup with Sid, we didn't shell out an extra cent anywhere. Additionally, what we experienced was something you would not get just walking in off the street.

Simply put - Sid is amazing - he is very knowledgable about the industry and the people there, and he was a great guide for the day. Would do it all over again in a heartbeat!

Highly recommend this tour company.

1 Thank Chris G
Drayton Valley, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Particularly enjoyable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

We spent two wonderful days with Joe. I felt like a having a backstage pass to the best wine venues in the county. Joe is pleasant, knowledgeable and accommodating.

Visited August 2013