“Great New Spa in Healdsburg”

Health Spa Healdsburg
Reviewed 8 June 2008

Health Spa Healdsburg is new. It's location is about 1/4 mile from downtwon Healdsburg. The managers used to own the Calistoga Oasis. They have since moved to Healdsburg to start fresh with a new spa. The address is on Healdsburg Avenue, but when you pull up...you'll notice that the entrance is actually in the back. The entrance to the spa is off of Grant Street. You'll see the signs to Health Spa Healdsburg. It looks like a Craftsman style home.
But they have renovated it to look fresh and new. It's very clean and crisp and has the ambiance of a health spa. It had a very Zen-like atmosphere. Quiet and serene. I entered through a wooden gate off of the parking lot. The first thing I noticed is the landscaped yard which offers places to sit and relax. There is also a pool available when the weather permits.
I scheduled a 60-minute Esalen Swedish massage. Because the spa is new...I had the luxury of a very quiet first experience. My massage room had a fireplace and it was very inviting and welcoming. The massage therapist was excellent and I left feeling much more relaxed and looking forward to going back for more. I'm only afraid that it will become a big hit once it gets more reviews. I enjoyed the ambiance and space of Health Spa Healdsburg and look forward to going back to making use of the pool and the sitting area next time.

Reviewed 26 May 2008

This is a lovely spa that opened recently in Healdsburg. The first thing you see as you are approaching the spa is the lovely garden they have created. They encourage people to come early and sit in the garden or to relax there after your treatment. I did. I sat beside the water sculpture that resonates with your heart beat. The spa itself is lovely, warm and inviting and so quiet. I had the 90-minute hot stone massage. It was so relaxing I fell asleep. I had been having trouble with pain in my neck and it is completely gone. The massage was one of the best, if not the best I have ever had.