“Best way to see wine country”

Healdsburg Area Winery Tours
Ranked #13 of 27 Tours in Healdsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Private six hour wine tours for 2-6 traveling together are customized to client wine preferences & destination interests-- or leave the choices to us as knowledgeable guides.
Vancouver, Washington
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Best way to see wine country”
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Gene provided a wonderful experience for us. In just six hours, we learned more about the area, wineries, business of viticulture and sampled a true cross-section of wines and winery styles. He customized the trip to what we described as the type of wines we liked, and from there, it was a great adventure! This is not a limo service where the driver pulls up and drops you at the front door of a winery - this is personalized service at its best! Gene's knowledge really did enhance the rest of our trip and subsequent visits to other wineries.

Visited September 2011

New York City, New York
“Gene is the best!”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My husband and I enjoyed a truly memorable and special wine touring experience with HAWT last week for our first wedding anniversary. We can’t say enough good things about Gene, the owner and driver – from his immense knowledge of the area to the nuances of various wineries and his candid, helpful opinions when it came time to select the “perfect” spots for our tour. His guide style is exactly what we were looking for – warm, knowledgeable, flexible and unobtrusive – and we would highly recommend him to any of our friends taking a trip to wine country. In fact, we already have! We can’t wait to book HAWT for our next trip.

Philadelphia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“This is THE tour to take!”
Reviewed 5 September 2011

My husban just got back from a tour of the Healdsburg area. For two days we had the pleasure of being led around by Gene. We seriously cannot rave enough about our experience. Based on my general suggestions, tastes, and recommendations from friends, Gene planned out a spectacular route, hitting my recommendations but also showing me other wonderful wineries that usually won out. Our wine tasters everywhere liked him, one even remarking what a great pallette Gene has! Our most memorable part was a private visit that Gene planned for us after I has asked for a gem of a winery I might not know of. And wow. My husband and I found ourselves sitting on the pool terrace of an area winemaker overlooking their sloping vineyards and tasting fantastic wine. On top of all of this, Gene is just a wonderful guy and interesting to get to know! You will be happy with him and his company!

1 Thank phillygal79
texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“private tour with gene is the way to go”
Reviewed 24 July 2011

9 wineries in 6 hours, included barrel tasting and lunch at rustic.
We had a private tour with gene, just my wife and myself and spent a wonderful day together. Gene will plan an intinerary based on your preferences and regions you wish to visit, many hidden gems along the way.
We highly recommend to family and friends leave the driving to gene

Visited July 2011
Albany, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“A Wonderful Day!”
Reviewed 27 September 2010

We had a delightful day touring the Sonoma Wine Country with Gene! His knowledge and love of the area is infectious and he is more than accommodating! He listens to what you have in mind, discusses options and you're on your way! As we went along, it became obvious that he is very well known and liked in the area. At each winery he was warmly greeted and he always introduced us as friends. It was a pleasure to be in his company throughout the day!