“Wine tasting paradise”

Healdsburg Area Winery Tours
Ranked #14 of 27 Tours in Healdsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Private six hour wine tours for 2-6 traveling together are customized to client wine preferences & destination interests-- or leave the choices to us as knowledgeable guides.
Redondo Beach, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Wine tasting paradise”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My wife and I enjoyed 2 glorious days of wine tasting in May, 2013, in the Healdsburg area. After reading reviews, we went with Healdsburg Area Winery Tours. Gene and Debbie are the proprietors. We were fortunate to have a private tour both days led by Gene. He picked us up at our hotel with very comfortable transportation for the day. Gene has been in the area for many years and knows everyone. His winery choices each day were awesome. He has a warm smile and very friendly disposition. He's a wealth of knowledge about the area. He set us up with a couple private tours, provided great locations for lunch each day and had a cooler full of water to keep us hydrated. :-) We will definitely call him again on our next visit

Midwest
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Gene is simply the best!”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

My fiance surprised me with a driver to tour wineries in and around the Healdsburg area. I was quite surprised and ultimately delighted with Gene who is very kind, wise and knowledgeable of the area. For a very reasonable fee Gene assisted my fiance with his plan to "pop the question" in wine country! He was very patient and had some good ideas of romantic spots to visit. We were already very familiar with the area but Gene took us to some wineries we had never visited and facilitated lunch at a vineyard one day. Gene was with us 2 full days. Although we invited him to join in with us he is just far enough away to make his guests feel comfortable. I cannot recommend Gene enough!!!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank MidwestWineLover
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A++”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Hiring Gene of Healdsburg Area Winery Tours was the best decision we made on our trip. We told him about some of the wine styles we enjoyed and asked him to take us to some new and different wineries.

All of his choices were incredible, and I would not hesitate to hire him again.

He is also a super nice guy who was fun to talk with as we drove through the area.

His vehicle was a clean, late-model Lexus SUV that was very comfortable. He's a safe and courteous driver.

To try new and different wines while enjoying the scenery and not having to worry about a DUI, hire Gene. We will certainly do so again.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Steve94583
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wine Tour”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We chose to focus on the Alexander Valley for our wine tour with Gene. He was a very knowledgeable and personable guide and helped us select 5 great wineries to visit throughout the day. He picked us up from our hotel in Healdsburg and arranged for a tour and tasting in the cave of the first vineyard. Overall, we had a great day!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wine tour”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

My wife and I traveled to Healdsburg to tour area wineries for our 10 year anniversary.
My wife contacted Gene at Healdsburg Area Winery Tours. We could not have had a better time. Gene was very informative and took us to all the wineries that we had chosen. His choice for lunch at Mom's Apple Pie deli was a great choice as well. Gene made this tour a really nice experience. Thank you Gene!!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction