“Fabulous day in wine country”

Healdsburg Area Winery Tours
Ranked #14 of 27 Tours in Healdsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Private six hour wine tours for 2-6 traveling together are customized to client wine preferences & destination interests-- or leave the choices to us as knowledgeable guides.
Saint Louis, Missouri
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Fabulous day in wine country”
Reviewed 13 August 2008

Gene gave us a wonderful sampling of wineries in Sonoma County! On our visit we went to Ferrari Carano, Silver Oak, Geyser Peak, Robert Young Estate, and Verite.

As soon as we walked into each winery, we were treated as special guests because we were with Gene! We had a very special private tasting at Geyser Peak. Each winery was amazing and was well suited to our specific tastes in wine.

Gene was very knowledgeable about wine country and was able to answer our many questions! We would highly recommend him!

Charlotte, NC
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Wonderful Winery Tour”
Reviewed 5 July 2008

My wife and I toured with HAWT in late June. I had emailed Gene with a few wineries that we wanted to visit. I received an email reply from Gene confirming those wineries along with a private tour of Lancaster Estate he had arranged for us. I have nothing but high accolades for Gene. This was our first trip to wine country so we were somewhat hesitant about the winery process. Gene quickly put those concerns to rest. He would not only drive us to the wineries, but would introduce us to the host/hostess. On the way to the winery he would give background information and history about the winery. While at the winery he would talk to us about the wine and the winery, but would do so in a way that never overlapped or conflicted with what the host/hostess was doing. I highly recommend HAWT for anyone wishing to have a relaxed, yet comprehensive tour of the Russian River area wineries. Oh....and the private Lancaster Estate winery tour.....to die for! Go for the caves alone (although their wine is awesome too).

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 131 helpful votes
“Healdsburg Area Winery Tours”
Reviewed 28 June 2008

After checking a number of different companies listed on TA we plumped with Gene from Healdsburg Area Winery Tours.

Gene collected us and delivered a highly professional and informative tour of 7 wineries (arranged through discussions with him proior to the day). We were delighted to be able to take this private tour for just my husband and I and loved the fact that Gene had personal relationships with many of the winery hosts.

We had a private tour at Gary Farrell which was our favourite along with the Arista winery.

I'd highly recomend Gene for a relaxed, informal and informative tour. [--]

2 Thank Littlejohn