“Fantastic Wine Tour!”

Healdsburg Area Winery Tours
Ranked #14 of 28 Tours in Healdsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Private six hour wine tours for 2-6 traveling together are customized to client wine preferences & destination interests-- or leave the choices to us as knowledgeable guides.
Reviewed 17 October 2008

We recently had a wonderful wine tour in the Alexander Valley. Gene was a fantastic tour guide, he was very knowledgeable and did a good job of talking to the different members of our group with quite divergent wine experience. It was fantastic to have Gene with us, because he knew all of the people at the wineries and could sometimes get us into the VIP tasting room. He dropped us off for a nice lunch, which was very thoughtful as it allowed us to take as much/as little time as we wanted.

We would highly recommend Gene to anyone. We let him pick the wineries for our tour, and will definitely use him when we visit again to go to some of the special tastings/tours. What a fantastic experience!

Reviewed 4 September 2008

Gene was fantastic. He was personable, professional, and very knowledgeable. He picked us up at our hotel and took us to 7 different wineries and dropped us off at our hotel at the end. A few wineries I knew I wanted to go to ahead of time as he and I had discussed via email in the weeks preceding our trip and others he chose for us based on the types of wines that were my preference since my husband does not drink wine. Since my husband is a photographer Gene also made sure to pick out some wineries that would appeal to him for taking pictures and for me to enjoy tasting without the pressure of worrying about my husband being bored. Everyone knew Gene very well so we were well taken care of at each winery. He took us to a local market to pick up lunch to have a picnic at Passalacqua at their picnic areas that were relatively secluded that looked over the picturesque fields of vines and other gorgeous landscaping. Truly a memorable lunch! Gene was able to provide history on each winery and answered all of our questions. He also recommended hotels and restaurants since we were not familiar with area and we were not disappointed with those either.

As someone who is still relatively new to wine this was the experience I had hoped and dreamed of. People were so friendly and not intimidating at all. There was absolutely no attitude. I wouldn't change a thing! We will be back and we will use Gene again!

Reviewed 13 August 2008

Gene gave us a wonderful sampling of wineries in Sonoma County! On our visit we went to Ferrari Carano, Silver Oak, Geyser Peak, Robert Young Estate, and Verite.

As soon as we walked into each winery, we were treated as special guests because we were with Gene! We had a very special private tasting at Geyser Peak. Each winery was amazing and was well suited to our specific tastes in wine.

Gene was very knowledgeable about wine country and was able to answer our many questions! We would highly recommend him!

Reviewed 5 July 2008

My wife and I toured with HAWT in late June. I had emailed Gene with a few wineries that we wanted to visit. I received an email reply from Gene confirming those wineries along with a private tour of Lancaster Estate he had arranged for us. I have nothing but high accolades for Gene. This was our first trip to wine country so we were somewhat hesitant about the winery process. Gene quickly put those concerns to rest. He would not only drive us to the wineries, but would introduce us to the host/hostess. On the way to the winery he would give background information and history about the winery. While at the winery he would talk to us about the wine and the winery, but would do so in a way that never overlapped or conflicted with what the host/hostess was doing. I highly recommend HAWT for anyone wishing to have a relaxed, yet comprehensive tour of the Russian River area wineries. Oh....and the private Lancaster Estate winery tour.....to die for! Go for the caves alone (although their wine is awesome too).

Reviewed 28 June 2008

After checking a number of different companies listed on TA we plumped with Gene from Healdsburg Area Winery Tours.

Gene collected us and delivered a highly professional and informative tour of 7 wineries (arranged through discussions with him proior to the day). We were delighted to be able to take this private tour for just my husband and I and loved the fact that Gene had personal relationships with many of the winery hosts.

We had a private tour at Gary Farrell which was our favourite along with the Arista winery.

I'd highly recomend Gene for a relaxed, informal and informative tour. [--]

2  Thank Littlejohn