All reviewsgrape leafspeak easywine tastingcabernet sauvignoncookiespumpkin pancakeswine countryother guestsgourmet breakfastwilson familybed and breakfastlarge tubwilson wineryeach morningfirst floorpleasure of stayingcommon areas
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The location is great. Staff was very friendly and the room amenities including comfortable bed, good quality sheets, big towels, and a big fabulous bathroom with large double sink counter and very large shower (at least in "The Syrah" room). Many of the rooms had a pedestal sink which doesn't allow for any counter space that drives me crazy. The Speak Easy / Wine Tasting each evening was fun and a definite plus (as was the woman whom I forget her name that was pouring) not to mention the fresh baked cookies each day that my husband took advantage of. The Speak Easy seemed to substitute for the normal morning breakfast conversation with the Inn Keeper which we had no problem with. However, we booked the Syrah room because of the "steam shower". The first night we tried the steam shower but could not get it work. We notified the front desk the next morning and she told us that it takes about 15 minutes for the steam to "kick in" and just make sure the knob was turned on. We tried again the next morning and could never get the steam to work after over an hour. Unfortunately we didn't have the chance to tell the front desk upon our departure to see what their response would have been. However, even with no steam shower which wasn't a deal breaker, still felt that at the price we paid, even with club discount, we didn't get the bang for the buck. We are in Sonoma at least twice a year and have stayed at many great B&B's and know there are a lot of great options. I wouldn't count this place out....

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelsMoore
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed two nights at this wonderful Victorian home with in walking distance to Healdsburg downtown area. The location was great. The home was charming.The welcome was not as warm and friendly as I had experienced at other B&B's. Very little information given about area and what we could expect and use with in the home.

Stayed in the Sauvignon blanc room and our friends stayed in Pinot Nior room. Both were on main level which was nice not to climb stays with suitcases. The rooms were lovely. The bedding soft and freshly pressed linens. The only draw back were the bathrooms. Very small. The speakeasy bar in basement was fun and open one night. There was a nice sitting area outside .The only thing missing was a fire pit. Had they had one we could have enjoyed it on those cool nights. The breakfast was served promptly at 9:00am which was delightful. We are early risers so coffee available would have been nice. Coffee not out until 7:30am. I liked the fact we did not have to eat at one table with all guest and we could sit at our own table. The house was quiet each night. Wish there was coffee available for guest in the evening. There was coffee thermos put they were empty.
If you like roomy, quiet place within walking distance then you will like this place.
Would stay again in a room with bigger bathroom.
Chicago visitor

Room Tip: Pick a room upstairs if you want bigger bathroom and you don't mind climbing stairs. Ask for complimentary bottle of wine if Speak easy Bar is not open.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jolene507
Reviewed 29 October 2013

While visiting wine county we stayed in this delightful bed and breakfast. The breakfasts were delicious and the presentation of food was beautiful. May be the best breakfasts I have ever had at a B & B. The rooms were clean and beautifully appointed. We did ask to be moved to another room after checking in because the room was small and had sloped ceilings. My husband and I hit our heads while just getting settled in the room. They graciously moved us to another room and we were very happy. Meeting the other guests at happy hour was a lot of fun too. Jackie was great. I would recommend Grape Leaf Inn to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Grapeleafinn, Manager at Grape Leaf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time out to write such a wonderful review. Reviews/guests like yourselves reinforces our efforts are being met as a 5 star Bed and Breakfast..
I am elated to have created a memorable experience for you and wish to do the same on your next visit to Wine Country.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Staying just one night for an event, but had a fabulous time at the Grape Leaf Inn. Speakeasy was so fun, cookies and caramel corn was a nice sweet treat, room was cute, charming and comfortable. Sydney (owner) was welcoming and even prepared me a great breakfast to go for my early departure for a half marathon. I even finished in time to come back and eat the "real" breakfast and take a long hot shower.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your sparkling review. I am pleased to hear we made an excellent impression on your limited time with us. We all take pleasure in wonderful energetic guests like yourself.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I recently stayed at the Grape Leaf Inn as part of a group of 5 couples. The accommodations were very comfortable and the rooms were well decorated and charming. The property provided a number of outdoor seating areas and the afternoon wine tastings with Jackie were a great touch.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

We very much appreciate your kind review and are excited to hear your experience with us was memorable for all 5 couples. We take much pride in what we do and are glad to hear our efforts are admired.