“wonderful place to stay in wine country!”
Review of Belle de Jour Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Healdsburg
Belle de Jour Inn
Ranked #1 of 16 Healdsburg B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Edgewater, Maryland
“wonderful place to stay in wine country!”
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We stayed for 3 mights at the Belle de Jour in the Caretaker's cottage and could not have had a better experience! The environment is peaceful with private entrances for every cottage. They take extra detail with high quality linens to homemade scones for breakfast. The owners know the area well and share their expertise on wineries and restaurants eagerly. I would highly recommend this Inn- you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This is a beautiful bed and breakfast with private cottages on lovely grounds just outside of town. Our hosts, Tom and Brenda, were gracious, helpful, and very knowledgeable about wineries, restaurants, and hiking in the area. The breakfasts were outstanding. We would definitely stay here again.
We also enjoyed the town of Healdsburg. It seemed a bit more down-to-earth and had a greater range of restaurants than St Helena or Yountville. Favorite experiences included sitting in the town square enjoying a coffee and pastry from the the Downtown Bakery & Creamery, the tour and wine tasting at Michel-Schlumberger, the beer flight at Bear Republic, hiking in the Armstrong Redwoods. We had great meals at Zin, Willi's, and Spoonbar.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Great property. Great breakfasts. Great rooms. Great proximity to wineries.

• Stayed September 2011
Los Angeles
Reviewed 9 September 2011

This was the second time that my husband and I visited the beautiful Belle de Jour Inn. My parents vacationed with us this year, and happily assuming the role of “Sonoma County Tour Guide,” I immediately booked us for a five night stay. Belle de Jour served as our central base, and allowed us to consider various Wine Country/Northern California points of interest during the day: Russian River Valley, Bodega Bay, Calistoga, Alexander Valley, Dry Creek Valley, Santa Rosa, and our favorite--the wineries, estates, gardens, shopping, and restaurants around Healdsburg.

While my parents nestled into their scenic, window-seated Morning Hill Room, my husband and I explored the generously sized, airy quarters of the Caretaker’s Suite. A few years ago, we had stayed in the spaciously lovely (upstairs) Carriage House. Since we are both on the tall side, we prefer rooms with king beds. Both cottages worked out perfectly for our low-key (yet discerning) taste. My parents thoroughly enjoyed their room as well. They especially noted how it was “sunny”, “pretty”, and appreciated the view, the great shower/steam unit, and the overall look and feel of it.

The canopy bed in the Caretaker’s Suite was extremely comfortable, and offered soft feeling linens without harsh detergent/perfume scents. Although it was the end of August (and rather warm during the days), our room never felt too hot. It cooled off nicely in the evenings with either a quick run of the air conditioner, or by using the overhead ceiling fan. The shower/whirlpool tub in the attached bathroom was absolutely fantastic. And the room boasted ample natural light from the tree-lined windows. The windows, by the way, had “hidden” shades that could be easily lowered.

The inn is situated a good distance away from the main street, and therefore does not have highway/traffic noises. The cottages are also nicely clustered within walking distance from each other, but once inside, feel completely private. I have decided that I am not the best candidate for staying at a Bed and Breakfast, where everyone sleeps in the same main house. My number one guest preference would be how Belle de Jour is arranged. I like how each person/couple can enjoy their own room/cottage, yet have the opportunity to mingle and chat with the other guests--while walking the grounds, sitting outside--and/or particularly over Brenda’s deliciously baked, thoughtfully prepared, and elegantly presented (9:00 am) communal style breakfasts.

If you are seeking to acquaint yourself with the rurally sophisticated, diverse winemaking terrain of Sonoma County, and require a good night’s rest, a peaceful (non-smoking) environment, and extremely talented, intelligent, thoughtful, helpful, non-obtrusive, informative, accommodating, and welcoming innkeepers--look no further. Belle de Jour is that place and more. As longtime residents of Healdsburg, Tom and Brenda have dining/sightseeing suggestions that are truly valuable. They really helped me fill in some gaps that I had in my pre-planned itinerary. Special note: Brenda, thank you again for the award winning (literally) blueberry scones that day. My parents most likely finished the ones you packed up for them, before they even made it down your driveway! We fondly look forward to our next visit with you.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Cameron Park, California
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Our group of eight rented most of the Inn for a weekend in August. Every couple had their own private rooms and bath. The rooms were all very well done and very comfortable. However, we still could have our little get together before dinner in several beautiful locations on the large property. The breakfast was great on both days. Ask for the award winning scones, they are great.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
houston, tx
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I almost hesitate to recommend this place because I'm afraid it may not be available the next time we go here! I've only stayed at one B&B before this (guess you'd say I'm not that well-travelled) but this place was so wonderful. Tom & Brenda have established this wonderful little piece of heaven for themselves and are willing to share 5 rooms with the world! (I think they only have 5 rooms.) My neighbor found this for us, and we were so pleasantly pleased with the accommodations, especially the natural surroundings. It is located in the northern end of Sonoma County, but very close to some very prestigous wineries. The rooms were all different and certainly agreeable. The breakfast which was served at 9:00 a.m. each morning was beyond description! Brenda is an award-winning cook and we started each day with bellies full of WONDERFUL food! They gave us some most excellent tips for places to eat (Baci in Healdsburg Square was the BEST; Coppola, right up the highway, was 2nd best in my opinion) and were very, very good host/hostess. I hope you will give them your business.... but NOT on a weekend when I'm there if you take their last room!

Room Tip: All rooms were different. Some had excellent views of the field/wilderness if you prefer that. Oth...