“Fabulous location in Sonoma Valley”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Irish Rose Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Healdsburg
Irish Rose Inn
Ranked #11 of 15 Healdsburg B&B and Inns
“Fabulous location in Sonoma Valley”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

The Matson's make you feel right at home in their farmhouse style B&B. The breakfast is wonderful and the location could not be better for wine tasting in the Dry Creek, Alexander Valley, Russian River Valley, etc. areas of Sonoma Valley. We stayed in the Kimberly room and it's very comfortable with a nice queen bed and a large, period style bathroom. You are also minutes from downtown Healdsburg - great dining options.

Room Tip: There will some highway noise in the Kimberly room, but it's not too disruptive. It's still...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Haverhill, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

This was my husband and I's first visit to wine country, so I wanted to make it special. I booked a guided tour of the wineries and started searching for a place to stay. Knowing we wouldn't be spending much time in our room, I wanted to stay someplace nice but reasonable. We found this in the Irish Rose Inn. We stayed in the Cottage, which was perfect for us. We had never stayed at a B&B, so the privacy of the cottage was appealing. It's neat and clean and overall adorable. The bed was very comfy and I enjoyed the small outdoor deck. Chris & Lannie were extremely accomodating, providing wine & cheese before we left for dinner, and the breakfasts were awesome! The first morning we were treated to scrambled eggs with cheese (fresh eggs from their chickens!), bacon, bagels, coffee, juice, and a lovely fruit salad. Day two breakfast was Lannie's French Toast Souffle, plus everything else - what a great way to start the day! The Irish Rose is comfortable and unpretentious, much like Chris & Lannie. We had a wonderful stay with wonderful hosts and would recommend it to anyone looking to stay in the Healdsburg area - and it's only a short drive to town. Also loved Virginia, Black Kitty, Fluffy, Bailey, Sonia & Lucy :)

Room Tip: We stayed in the cottage
Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

We loved the Irish Rose Inn, a warm and comfortable cottage on a small farm within a few miles of Healdsburg, in the middle of the Dry Creek Wine Country. The owners were friendly, well informed and helpful. Breakfast was great (including a French toast soufflee!). The bed was very comfortable, and the room included a whirlpool bath. We slept unbelievably well as it was soooo quiet.

Loveland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Irish Rose Inn last weekend for the barrel tasting event in Sonoma County. The hosts Chris and her husband Lanny have a beautiful place, the peace and quiet after sundown is much appreciated.
The Inn is in the middle of the Dry Creek vineyards, convenient to all of the Healdsburg area wineries.
The room we were in, Michael's Room, is the best in the house, king bed, attached bathroom with whirlpool tub and shower, was very comfy, and a great value.
The clover shaped chocolates in the room are a nice touch.
Breakfast was also first rate, a french toast souffle I had never thought of making it that way, eggs, sausage, coffee, juice, everything I needed for a whole day of wine tasting.
I will for sure return next time I am in the area!

Room Tip: visit the website, only 4 rooms I think. 2 on top floor, one on main floor, and a cottage. I didn...
Davis, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

My wife and I had a wonderful time at the Irish Rose Inn. Lanny and Chris were great hosts. Micheals room was very large and clean, the bathroom was big, and a nice view of the vineyard in the back. Got lucky and was able to taste wine with Chris and Lanny's winemaker daughter and her close friends. The location is right in the middle of Dry Creek Valley. Perfect.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

I just spent a weekend in Sonoma, alternating wine tasting and hiking. What made it affordable and comfortable was finding a nice bed and breakfast - my friends and I (3 of us) stayed at The Irish Rose Inn, in a small cabin behind the house. There are also beds inside the main house but we liked the privacy of the cabin and being able to cook our own dinner. The hosts cooked a souffle for breakfast one day, which was delicious.
It's a quiet, pleasant and affordable place - I recommend it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

My husband and I love Healdsburg and the surrounding areas but used to limit ourselves to day trips because of the EXTREMELY high priced hotels and B&B's in the area. $400/night even $500/night for rooms! I know Sonoma County is special but GOOD LORD! This room was very reasonably priced and very comfortable. We suggest reserving Michael's Room it overlooks a vineyard out back and the king size bed was amazing! We also had our own thermostat which functioned very well (which I love considering it was January). Someone else reviewed that this place was cold well yah it IS an 100 year old house but I guess they didn't figure out that they had a perfectly good thermostat in their own room which is where I typically spend my time vacationing (if we are not out somewhere tasting!) The owners were very friendly and very helpful giving us a pass for a free tasting in the dry creek valley! The breakfast was just lovely! A lot of times B&B owners stretch themselves too thin and try to make all this fancy food which usually turns out sub-par or cold. No, this was fresh, hot scrambled eggs with cheese, hot sausage, homemade muffins, fruit, hot coffee, orange juice, toasted bagels and spread! We were full and happy after our 8:30 breakfast. They have a couple of farm animals hanging around their lovely property and even for January the whole residence looked nice and homey. What we look for in a B&B is a nice bed, nice bathtub (very nice), privacy and a GOOD breakfast! We got everything we wanted and more and hope we can stay there again on our next trip to wine country!

Room Tip: Michael's Room
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
BEST WESTERN Dry Creek Inn
Geyserville Inn
Geyserville Inn
#1 of 1 in Geyserville
Hotel Les Mars, Relais & Chateaux

Been to Irish Rose Inn? Share your experiences!