“We'll Be Back”
Review of Irish Rose Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Healdsburg
Irish Rose Inn
Ranked #13 of 16 Healdsburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Staying at the Irish Rose felt like staying with friends ... which we now consider owners to be. Breakfasts were a fun start to the day, chatting with the other guests and Chris & Lanny. "Michael's Room" was lovely, and the bed was quite comfy (which isn't always the case; we've slept on some rocks even in highly-rated B&Bs & hotels). The wineries are wonderful (we didn't make it to all 100+ on the tasting card provided at the inn!), and Healdsburg is a delightful little town with excellent restaurants. Yes, we'll be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jan H

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Me and my wife stayed here the weekend of the 18th and celebrated her 40th birthday in wine country. I must say the house was very nice and the owners were very welcoming. We were treated to a nice breakfast every morning and to be honest me and my wife felt like we were family. If you are looking for a nice place to lay your head and enjoy a free pass to 122 wineries withought spending a fortune this is the place to go!!!!! I dont know about anyone else but we will be returing alot to this Gem.
James and Amber

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms have whirlpool baths
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank james B
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed here for two nights. Was given the cottage for a regular room rate- it usually is more expensive. Cottage is adorable on the outside, very worn and dated on the inside. There is a wall air conditioner which was so noisy we shut it off at night. Thank goodness it cooled down outside at night despite being over 100 during the day. The gas water heater clanked and made such a racket when heating water that I actually had my husband check it out to make sure it would not explode. We did not cook there, but I checked out the dishes and it is not well-equipped. There should be a modern coffeemaker at least! The topper was finding a tube of lubricant in the drawer next to the bed from a previous occupant. I don't blame the owners too much for this as it was sort of pushed back, but eww. I am rating this as average instead of poor only because the hosts were so nice and I think a stay in the main house would have been nicer. Breakfast was delicious, but just be mindful that this is not a luxury "made to order" place where you saunter in when you want and tell the innkeeper what you want. There is one main course, a meat, and some breads. Be there at the designated time. Not a whole lot- I did not feel as if I could take as much as I wanted, and I am not a big eater. The location is great, because you are close to the wineries and outside of Healdsburg, but close enough to visit and eat there.

Room Tip: Avoid the cottage unless it is remodeled.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BusLawProf
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I bought a 2 night stay at Irish Rose Inn from Living Social because the ratings were generally vey good. Imagine my disappointment when the room we were assigned was filthy. The tub had clearly not been cleaned from the last occupant with hair and other residue. Even the half empty shampoo bottles (hotel size from some other hotel) had not been removed. The bed linens had not been changed and there were absolutely no amenities. The sink was and toilet were dirty!! The welcome was tepid and when I asked for restaurant recommendations, the answer I received was to "just drive into Healdsburg and pick one". Included in the purchase was a bottle of wine to be delivered on arrival but I had to ask for it and the response was that most guests did not want the wine. What presumption. The only good thing was the company of the other guests at breakfast, which was spoiled by dirty silverware. Maybe we were resented because we had purchased a discount package but that is no excuse.

Room Tip: Don't use any discounted trips.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Azadhusain
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Chris has a beautiful home in an incredible location. The room (Michael's room) was not only spotlessly clean, but spacious and charming. The bathroom was extremely large with spa tub and large walk-in shower. The setting is quiet and views from the room afforded spectacular scenery from each window. We enjoyed sitting on the front porch and around the fire pit enjoying wine and views of vineyards. Without question-will definitely be staying with Chris again-and again! She is funny, welcoming, and a gracious hostess. Don't miss staying here-the location is incredible.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My husband and I were in California for a family wedding in mid-October and decided to extend our stay with a visit to Wine Country. We certainly lucked out choosing Headlsburg as our base - and extra benefit of landing at The Irish Rose. Stay included entrace to over 100 wineries - a little much even for us!! Chris and Lanny were excellent hosts with great recommendations on wineries and restaurants and ability to get reservations at prime spots on short notice. We enjoyed visiting with our fellow house guests - one couple was from Japan - very interesting to share backgrounds and stories. We always enjoy the ambiance and warmth of Bed and Breakfasts - and this one did not disappoint!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the back cottage - very private.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This was mine and my husband's first time staying at a bed and breakfast,so we were a little hesitant-especially my husband. But let me tell you,we enjoyed our 2 nites at Irish Rose. Chris and Lenny were so friendly and accomadating and made us feel so welcome. The property is in such a beautiful area of Sonoma County surrounded by vineyards,making our stay so peaceful and relaxing. We really enjoyed seeing all the animals here too-horses,a pig,dogs,cats,and chickens. We received a wine tasting pass for over 100 wineries which was very nice and had a nice hot breakfast both mornings that we were here. All in all,we had a great and relaxing time,and felt like we were part of the family. We will definitely be back and recommend this place to friends and family.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple