“Spacious Bedroom & Private Bath in warm, cozy setting”
Review of Irish Rose Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Healdsburg
Irish Rose Inn
Ranked #13 of 16 Healdsburg B&B and Inns
San Diego
“Spacious Bedroom & Private Bath in warm, cozy setting”
Reviewed 23 October 2010

Best B&B experience yet! Chris & Lanny welcomed me into their home and I soon felt like family. Both are great cooks, giving their guests a delicious breakfast. We sipped wonderful wine, shared stories and I met other amazing travelers. I truly enjoyed my 3-day stay.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 October 2010

We just returned from 3 nights at Irish Rose Inn. The location off of Dry Creek Road was very convenient to the wineries, gourmet general store and downtown Healdsburg. We were able to walk to a few of the wineries and enjoyed walking through the vineyard in the back.

The house on the main level was like walking into your grandparents home, however, the 2 bedrooms upstairs are updated and reflective of a higher end B&B. The bathroom was huge, clean, shower for two, Jacuzzi tub and offered bath products. The bedroom had a comfortable king size canopy bed that was a bit high for me as a 5'3' person and I had to climb into it....there were stairs, but not necessary. Two robes in the armoire and an extra rollaway bed in the closet. Chilled bottled water on a table in the hallway was a nice touch. I am a light sleeper, so we had to keep the windows closed because of the road noise.

The property has walnuts trees, fruit trees, chickens, a potbelly pig, a horse and cat. The cat lives both inside and outside, so anyone with cat allergies may have an issue as I did.

The innkeepers were nice and helpful with suggestions for wineries and restaurants. We had wine and cheese on two of the afternoons. Their reserve wine was superb, but too expensive for us at $75 a bottle. Breakfast was casserole on 2 days and scrambled eggs on the other. This is the first B&B that I've stayed at where the owner ate with us.

Our favorite restaurants in Healdsburg, that won’t break the bank, were Scopa on the square and Agave next to Safeway.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Burlingame, California
Reviewed 19 October 2010

Very relaxing ! Feels like staying with Family. Amazing home cooked breakfast.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 15 October 2010

After reading all the positive reviews of the Irish Rose on tripadvisor, I felt confident booking a room for our fifth anniversary trip. And we weren't disappointed! We ended up getting in a little later than expected due to bad traffic leaving San Francisco and Chris (one of the owners) called to check up on us to make sure we were OK. Upon arrival, we dropped off our stuff in Kimberly's room, which was large and airy with a big bathroom, and headed out for dinner. We rented a car and the drive into downtown Healdsburg took about five - 10 minutes. The next day, we had a fabulous french toast souffle prepared by Lanny (Chris's husband). It was a great way to start out a day of wine tasting. We wanted to go to Dry Creek Kitchen for dinner that night but couldn't get a good reservation time on our own, but Chris was able to make some calls and got us in for a 7:30 meal - perfect! Before leaving on our wine tour, we walked around the property, which is located among several vineyards. We saw their two horses, potbelly pig and chickens. It was so quiet and the views were breathtaking. The rest of the three-night stay didn't disappoint. Our room was comfortable and quiet. The breakfasts were great, and Chris and Lanny were so genuine and friendly it felt like we had known them forever. Chris gave me a big hug when we checked out. We will definitely go back on our next trip to Healdsburg. If you are planning to stay there, you are in for a treat!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2010

We were welcomed like family and we had the most beautiful room with a large en-suite with jacuzzi.Lanny and Chris were wonderful hosts and it is a pleasure to recommend their home.George and Andreia Wood

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 September 2010

I just returned from a 3 night stay at the Irish Rose Bed & Breakfast. The hosts were fabulous; extremely helpful - knowledgeable of the local area (they've lived there for 24 years) and genuinely friendly. The location is along Dry Creek Rd, in the heart of wine country and just down from the very cool and popular Dry Creek General Store. I was in Healdsburg for a workshop, but rented a bike on a free-day and toured the wineries and had a great time (the host, Chris, kitted me out with a picnic basket!). My room was large, clean + great bed. I had considered staying at one of the chain hotels, but am SO glad I made the better choice. I will definitely come back and have already recommended the Irish Rose to friends. Oh and the breakfasts = amazing; homemade French toast souffle and pear pie!

Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Los Altos, CA
Reviewed 7 September 2010

My husband and I just returned from an overnight stay and it was just fantastic! Per other reviews, the two rooms are great. They are both upstairs, with Kimberly facing towards Dry Creek Rd, and Michael facing the backyard. We stayed in Kimberly and I found it to be very spacious and the ensuite bathroom was perfect. I also spent a some time in their living room, porch, and outdoor patio, all were very relaxing. Both Lanny and Chris very just warm and welcoming. We enjoyed sharing their wine and having onversation with them. Absolutely the place to stay if you're ever in Healdsburg. It'll certainly be our go-to place from now on.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple