“Unique Way to the Vineyards”

Segway of Healdsburg
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Russian River Valley or Dry Creek Valley Wine...
Ranked #8 of 28 Tours in Healdsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: We provide guided Segway tours in Sonoma County CA. We tour beautiful vineyards, rolling hills, country-side, and Redwood Forests. You will not be disappointed.
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We found a deal on Living Social for this Segway tour and decided to give it a whirl. There were six in our group, plus our two tour guides. The route to the two wineries did involve a short distance on a busy road, but the guides made sure we all followed the safety rules. Compared to other Segway tours were have been on, there was not much time spent on the Segways. It was more about the wineries. The wineries were a treat (both small) and we actually got a personalized tasting with the wine makers. There was an extra fee for the tastings.

All reviews
in 50 reviews
in 33 reviews
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I are spending part of our 25th anniversary trip exploring wine country, and since he is a huge wine fan who has never been to Sonoma/Napa before, I left this part of the planning to him so he could pick the places he wanted to go. Since we are staying in Santa Rosa, just a short distance from Healdsburg, the Segway of Healdsburg deal on Travelzoo caught his eye, and before I could say "A Segway tour? Really? But I don't do adventures like that!" he had it booked and we were in.
We arrived at the small park and ride to find our guides, Joel and Ben, ready to fit us with helmets, go over the basic operating instructions and teach us about Segway safety. They did a fantastic job getting this sometimes less than coordinated person up and wheeling about in no time. Once they felt our group members were all "road ready", we were off. And what an incredibly fun journey we had! We tooled about on our Segways, following each other single file like baby chicks follow their mama duck, until we got closer to the wineries and could ride a bit more openly. Ben and Joel answered all our questions about the area and the wineries we were about to visit as we rode around together. We enjoyed private tastings at both of them, Viszlay and Christopher Creek, and my husband and I especially enjoyed the conversation we had with our guide at Christopher Creek, Brandon. He was young, enthusiastic, informative, knew his wines very well and introduced us to some of the best tasting wines we have had on this trip! What a great find that we certainly wouldn't have discovered on our own!
When our winery visits were done and we had to return, I think our entire group was disappointed we couldn't keep going. Ben and Joel were wonderful guides - they were professional, yet light-hearted and always concerned about our safety - and the experience of riding a Segway was more fun than I could have imagined. If I could ship one of them back hime instead of just wine, I would!
I highly recommend this experience to anyone who has a sense of adventure...or even to those like me who don't.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We had a wonderful trip on our Segway tour. We visited two excellent wineries and had an absolute ball riding the Segways. The guys were very careful to make sure that we had mastered the machines before we started out and then we were off to the wineries! We had nine people in our group ranging in age from mid 20's to mid 60's and everyone was able to learn how to ride in no time. Before we left the training area, we were all zipping around with confidence and really enjoying ourselves. My daughter is planning to book this tour for her wedding party next spring - it was that much fun.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Riding a Segway is easier then people think and everyone in our group had fun. The staff was very nice.