“Thankful it was available on Thanksgiving”

Baci Cafe & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Baci Cafe & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 99 Restaurants in Healdsburg
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Street
Description: Baci Cafe & Wine Bar invites you to enjoy its fine regional Italian and Mediterranean food, paired with wines from Sonoma, Napa and Italy, in a casual dining atmosphere. Baci's wine list is thoughtful and well-priced, and features many small artisan wineries. Baci's menu is creative and offers a large selection of dishes. It's focus and commitment to local fresh seasonal ingredients has made it one of our Sonoma County favorites.
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We had a trip planned to Healdsburg for the 4-day Thanksgiving weekend, but the major sticking point was where to eat Thanksgiving night. A quick look showed only a few options, including Baci. We had never tried this place so decided to give it a shot and made a reservation.

Thanksgiving is different here; the regular menu is gone and replaced with a 3 course prix fixe alternate. The price was good, $49 each, and included a number of options. For starters there were 3 or 4 salads and a butternut squash soup. I opted for the soup, my wife for one of the salads with fennel, Asian pear, and gorgonzola with the mixed greens. The salad was very good, but the soup was excellent. For the main course the options were a standard turkey dinner, a pork loin chop with a prune sauce and polenta, mahi mahi, or a risotto. My wife went standard turkey fare, I opted for the pork. The turkey was good, with plenty of tender, juicy meat, a good dressing, very good mashed potatoes, and a great fruit compote on the side. The pork chop was very good, cooked medium well (I would have preferred medium), with an excellent sauce and excellent polenta. We were two of very few people in the restaurant not taking part of the main course home in a box. The last course was dessert, with Creme Brulee Cheesecake, Pumpkin Tart, and Pecan Tart as the options. My wife stayed traditional with the Pumpkin Tart, I went for the cheesecake. The tart was good, really a slice of pie not tart, but the cheesecake was excellent. After the meal my wife's favorite three items were all from my dinner: the soup, the polenta, and the cheesecake.

The staff was attentive and informative, and very cheerful on a holiday. The price was very good for what we got, and much better than that at other establishments in the area that we checked out.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

My wife and I had dinner at Baci this weekend and were blown away by Chef Shari's Cippino. The fresh crab, shrimp, muscles and scallops were done to perfection. The shrimp based broth wasn't the usual thick and over-powering canned tomato slime that so many others do but rather a refined complexity of flavors covered by a veil of exotic saffron. Absolutely FANTASTIC and the BEST we have ever enjoyed! Get it while it lasts. We will be certain to enjoy this Cioppino again before the New Year! Uly at the bar recommended the perfect wine and complemented our meal with his spot-on service...

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Without a doubt the best place we have dined in Healdsburg. Everything looks so good, you want to try every dish. We are Bay Area foodies and rarely fall in love with a menu, at BACI we did. As expected the wine list was excellent, the staff had great knowledge of the wine and how it paired with the food. No need for the sommelier but he was knowledgable and helpful and let my husband try something interesting with his veal piccata.

Thank you for a wonderful anniversay dinner.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We met the owner at a winery the previous day, so we dropped in for dinner and had a simple but wonderful meal. We had a caprese salad, pizza, and wine --- and everything was just terrific. (And the pre-meal bread was absolutely fabulous!) The caprese was made with heirloom tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. The pizza was baked in a wood-burning oven that gave a nice atmosphere to the whole restaurant, and the pizza was done to perfection. This restaurant would stand up with the best of them in any much larger city. We would highly recommend it.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I often travel by myself for work and I always love walking into a restaurant and feeling as if I’m not alone. This place is a great family restaurant right in the main street in Healdsburg.
I took a seat at the bar and was immediately approached by Lisbeth who owns the place with her husband.
I simply handed over my choices for her to decide and was glad to that I did. Who else knows what to eat other than someone who eats there every day.
Not only the food was good and service was attentive I felt that Libsbeth added much guidance to my overall trip. She saw what kind of wine I enjoyed throughout the evening and gave me a list of specific wineries to visit.
Great job and keep up the great works and come to Montréal for a visit someday.