“Another excellent wine adventure”

Wine Country Journeys LLC
Ranked #4 of 27 Tours in Healdsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided small group wine tasting tours throughout Sonoma County's beautiful Wine Country. Enjoy an unforgettable day while you visit a minimum of four small family owned or boutique wineries in the northern Sonoma wine regions of the Alexander Valley, Dry Creek Valley and Russian River Valley - up around the historic town of Healdsburg. Our wine educators/guides will introduce you to the wines, wineries, and vineyards of Sonoma County - perfectly blending education with entertainment. Tours stop at a gourmet deli where you may purchase a fresh lunch that we take to the next winery and eat picnic style. We keep our groups small - 8 guests or less and we always cover the tasting fees!
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This was our second time touring with Jerry
He was so helpful, knowledgeable, professional, and humorous. His extensive contacts, and knowledge of the local lore and wineries, made our trip especially productive. We visited some old friends and made some new ones
and learned a lot more about winemaking and found some new wines we really loved. Having taken other wine tours, I feel that this company offers the most informative tour available. We will definitely be calling him next time we come to Sonoma.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We had a more than wonderful tour with Jerry in early September 2013! My husband and I were travelling with another couple, and with Jerry's service we picked up 4 other people for the day. This was the first nice thing about the tour...only up to 8 people so it keeps the group small and they pick you up and drop you off! They email you a confirmation when you make the reservation and call you the night before your tour to confirm the pickup address and time as well. We didn't make any plans before we arrived to the area. We found WCJ on Trip Advisor and decided to call that Monday to see what availability they had for the week. They had 4 spots left for Thursday so we jumped on the reservation. So don't wait like we did to reserve, we got lucky and got a spot and so glad we did! Jerry was promptly on time, even though our house was maybe not the easiest to find. He took us to four smaller family wineries. He did an awesome job picking the wineries we went to! First we stopped at J. Rickards (we were staying in Healdsburg on the Russian River so we did our tour in the Dry Creek and Alexander Valley areas). JR's was an amazing first stop and I highly reccommend it! the owner obviously loves what he does and gave us a lovely tour of his place! We also went to Kachina, Dave Coffaro & Amista...all wonderful places! Jerry keeps coolers in the back if you pack your own lunch, and he stops for lunch at a local deli if you want to buy lunch. We took our lunch to one of the winery's patio areas...we in particular had lunch at Amista. Everything about our day was wonderful. Jerry is very knowledgeable and obviously has a great relationship with the wineries. He's also quite funny, and of course after numerous wine tasting our whole group was laughing and having an awesomely fun time! You can't go wrong with this tour!!! Enjoy!

Reviewed 8 September 2013

My wife and I had never been to wine country and decided to spend our first day being guided around by Wine Country Journeys. We had an absolutely fabulous time! Jerry our guide was fantastic, a real insider who took us to some of the most wonderul, smaller wineries in the area. I can honestly tell you that Jerry helped us to start a great vacation in Sonoma. I highly recommend that you use this company. You will get great service and will have a wonderful time and even make some new friends along the way.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

My wife and I went to Healdsburg in early August, and booked a Wine Country Journeys tour w/ Amanda and Jerry. Quite simply, this was the best, most informative, fun, and well-coordinated tour of any kind I've done. I emailed them regarding availability and Amanda responded to me within minutes and was very helpful. The night before the trip, Amanda called my cell phone (as she promised she would) to let me know the 15-minute window in which Jerry would pick us up. Jerry was precisely on time the next day. The van was clean and comfortable. Jerry was incredibly friendly, knowledgeable and informative. Jerry took us around to 4 different wineries. At each one, the owners clearly knew Jerry and you felt like you were getting some special treatment and attention because you were with Jerry. Having WCJ pay the tasting fees for you was very nice. There was no pressure to purchase bottles if you did not want to, but if you did, Jerry would help you with carrying the bottles, purchasing, and storing them. Jerry even answered all our questions regarding shipping wine to the east coast versus flying back with it. We stopped at Dry Creek General Store so that we could pick up lunch and ate at the fourth winery. It ended up being about a 6 hour trip from about 10:30 in the morning to about 4:30 in the afternoon, which was perfect. There is a reason that Wine Country Journeys has nothing but 5 star ratings!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We enjoyed our afternoon with Wine Country Journeys immensely!! Jerry was a fantastic host all day and he made sure we stayed hydrated, fed & happy... he really takes care of everything. His relationships with the wineries is evident and it made the experience feel more personal. We had such a fun day and will definitely be giving Jerry a call again the next time we're fortunate enough to be in the area!! It is absolutely worth the cost of the tour... had we been on our own, I have no idea how we would have gotten around or chosen where to go. There are soooo many wineries in the area, Jerry made it easy and and took all of the guesswork out of it.