“Great Wine Tour!”

Wine Country Journeys LLC
Ranked #4 of 28 Tours in Healdsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided small group wine tasting tours throughout Sonoma County's beautiful Wine Country. Enjoy an unforgettable day while you visit a minimum of four small family owned or boutique wineries in the northern Sonoma wine regions of the Alexander Valley, Dry Creek Valley and Russian River Valley - up around the historic town of Healdsburg. Our wine educators/guides will introduce you to the wines, wineries, and vineyards of Sonoma County - perfectly blending education with entertainment. Tours stop at a gourmet deli where you may purchase a fresh lunch that we take to the next winery and eat picnic style. We keep our groups small - 8 guests or less and we always cover the tasting fees!
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Amanda was super helpful with booking. Because I was going to be staying in the Healdsburg area visiting wineries the day prior to our tour, she was able to provide me with a list of 'potential' wineries we may visit to ensure I wouldn't visit any myself that we'd be going to the next day (of course there are SO many in the area, in hindsight that would've been nearly impossible!).

Jerry was able to pick me up right where I was staying which was awesome so I didn't have to drive to any meet-up point. Clearly he's super knowledgable of the area and wineries-- as well as a wealth of knowledge about wine in general-- ask questions! I shared the cargo van with 3 other couples I did not know which was not too big, not too small, just perfect. We were able to visit the smaller, hidden gem wineries you probably wouldn't explore on your own. And in one case we actually visited a winery that didn't even have a tasting room open to the public, so we felt like we received 'special treatment' (even tasted from the barrel!).

Water was available if needed and Jerry had a cooler in his trunk for any wine purchases made. We stopped for lunch (not included) after 3 wineries and took our lunch at ate outside at the 4th and final winery. Afterward was dropped off right back where I was staying so avoiding the drive all together.

Great fun, I would recommend this those who are looking for the less commercial more smaller/unique wineries.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I highly recommend Wine Country Journeys. My husband and I recently went on a tour with Jerry and two other couples. Jerry and his wife Amanda are the owners of the company and Jerry was our guide for the day. Jerry is very knowledgeable about wine making, local wineries and the Sonoma region. He picked us up promptly at our hotel and during our drive to the first winery he provided us with lots of very interesting information and was able to answer all of our questions. The wineries we went to were all small and family owned and we tasted some great wine! The trip was so much more than just tasting wines though, we really learned a great deal about the process, different kinds of wines and even went out into the vineyards to learn about the vines and grape growing. It was a very fun and informative day and having a guide like Jerry planning the tour and driving you place to place makes it so much nicer than doing it on your own.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Great wine tour! Our first time to Sonoma Valley and it was a great choice in tours. Small, semi private and easy to ask questions and taste many different wines! Jerry was our guide and he knows a lot about the area. Showed up on time for our pick up and dropped us off on time as well. Wineries we visited were J. Rickards, Hawley, Amista and David Coffaro. We were able to taste grapes & tour organic and sustainably farmed vineyards. Lunch stop was awesome-Dry Creek General Store! Hot and cold sanwich options and many sides to choose from! Can't go wrong!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

WCJ provided true door-to-door service in a brand new van and bottled water was frequently offered. Jerry is an excellent guide: extremely knowledgable--honestly, I think he may know more than some of the owners!--but relaxed and personable. As a relative wine newbie I feared I would have to endure some "wine snobs" but Jerry made the experience comfortable and enjoyable. We learned a great deal about wine and the region in general. HIGHLY recommend!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

On July 1, my husband and I went on a tour with Jerry at Wine Country Journeys. Another couple from Colorado was on our tour, and since both myself and the other female member of the couple preferred white wines, Jerry planned our tour accordingly. Jerry is so informative, helpful and gracious, as well as funny and friendly, that our day was the highlight of our California Road Trip. We learned so much about wine and Sonoma, and even joined a wine club! Overall, I highly recommend Jerry and Wine Country Journeys if you are looking for a small and personal tour of Sonoma and the surrounding wine country. The cost is reasonable and includes all wine tasting fees.