Stayed one night at h2Hotel and overall, enjoyed the experience.
- The town of Healdsburg is a lovely place, with a variety of restaurants, shops, bakeries, and coffee places that line the main street and around the town square.
- The location is ideal. Valet parking is available for $15/day and worth the expense for peace of mind.
- At the free continental breakfast, you are offered Flying Goat Coffee, juices, selections of small muffins, bagels and breads made in-house, fresh fruit, and cereals. The server asks at your table if you would like any egg dishes made for you. The service staff at breakfast time were great.
- The hotel is LEED-certified. The "eco-ness" of the facilities make for interesting discoveries, as you check out the materials used and the really cool, artful designs that are integrated into the hotel: stairs, spoon sculpture, shelving, tables, furniture, ceilings, flooring, etc. There's a very spare, clean, contemporary feel and ambience throughout the hotel.
- Water stations are in the lobby and on every floor where you can get regular and sparkling water anytime. Bottles of water are available in the room fridge.
- The open air feature of the main lobby and counter bar is really fun, but may not work in the colder months.
- Did not have time to use: free bikes, pool, spa, restaurant, counter bar.
Room for improvement:
- The front desk staff is young and did not seem particularly well-trained in general hotel courtesies. When you walk in, it's a little confusing as to where the reception desk is. We were not greeted and the manner of the staff was rather unfriendly and not very gracious. Perhaps they were in training, but this first impression is pretty important.
- We had a corner room that gave us a little more space which was nice. The king bed was really soft which affected the quality of my sleep. Also, there are shutters on the clear windows and small opaque windows at the top of the walls, which let in a huge amount of bright light as soon as the sun comes up. No way to sleep in for sure!
- Street noise comes up with the sun. Bring earplugs.
All in all, though, a fun place to base yourself while visiting Healdsburg...
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, TravelClick, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your H2 Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.