“One of the best I've ever been to”
Review of H2 Hotel

H2 Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Healdsburg
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Falls Church, Virginia, United States
“One of the best I've ever been to”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

A few weeks ago my wife and I stayed at the H2 Hotel in Healdsburg, California to attend a wedding of a close family friend. We stayed there because it was the hotel for the wedding party so we didn't know what to expect. What happened - we were blown away. It was quite possibly one of the best - if not the best - hotel stay we've ever experienced. The room - which had two balconies - were a good size and airy. The bed was very comfortable and the couch convenient. and useful. What really got us though was the service. You are struck when you first come into lobby area because the reception area is also a coffee bar on one side - with coffee available 24/7 and a regular bar on the other. The people were awesome and went out of their way to be helpful. The service was amazing. Every request we made was handled immediately and by very friendly and helpful staff. I've never - even at the best, most expensive hotels - received better service. Their complimentary breakfast was also one of the best I've ever had - complete with a few gluten free cakes and breads (I am gluten free). And finally it is right on the edge of the square in downtown Healdsburg which features wine tasting in every other storefront. Bottom line - if we ever go back that way (which we might because it is beautiful and relaxing wine country - I would definitely stay there. In fact I might go back just to stay there - the experience was that good!.

Green Features: It is a Leeds certified hotel and they certainly stick to it.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Robert G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed here March 2013 with a group of friends. It was the best hotel I have ever been to. I loved the eco friendly atmosphere, the sparkling and still water taps on each floor and the design. The beds are heavenly. My husband and I liked that we each had our own duvet and top sheet in our king bed that we copied the idea at home. The pool was small but wonderful. The staff was very nice and friendly. The hotel was super clean and up to date. We had a wonderful experience here and we would highly, highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
toronto
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This place was a complete surprise - located right next to the old town square you would expect something a bit more traditional however it's eco friendly - very boutique like and just fabulous. Proximity to the square and all the tasting rooms and restaurants can't be beat. Rooms were great and the breakfast was fantastic.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the street - its nice to sit out on the little balcony and watch over the comi...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Garden City, NY
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Sophisticated, chic, relaxing, with all needed amenities. My wife have stayed in hotels and B&B's all over Healdsburg, this is the one we stay at now. If the price fits your budget I highly recommend, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: We stay in back away from Healdsburg Ave...not sure about the noise quality in the front rooms.
2 Thank TheHawaiianLookinGuy
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Five days in an amazing hotel with a great staff! Loved check-in, hated leaving. The great part is in knowing we will return! Super location and a great restaurant with free breakfast. Free bikes to explore the cool little town.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CAlbert1
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was a stop off for the night and we got a great rate which certainly helped us to feel like we got more value for our stay. The location was great, water bars a plus!, comfortable room size, cool open shower, and just an overall nice look and feel to the place. The bed was 2 twins hooked together to make a king. This meant that we had to sleep on our sides of the bed to feel comfortable. It was also a bit soft which my husband felt like caused a bit of back soreness the next day. We woke to the sun which me don't mind but if you wanted to sleep in, its not happening in this place because the sun is bright and the blinds do not block out the light well. You can't go wrong staying here!

Room Tip: Balcony not facing the street would be quieter.
Green Features: Love that this place is LEED certified! It is a definite plus for me.
1 Thank apomposelli
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the h2Hotel for 3 nights as part of a bike trip.

The rooms are a great size with a very convenient layout. The bed was more comfortable than our awesome bed at home! The location is perfect - within walking distance to a variety of restaurants and shops. We made great use of the complimentary bikes and rode around town just to get a feel for Healdsburg.

The breakfast was excellent - and grab a drink at the Spoon Bar as well! You won't be disappointed. We had a very relaxing stay and would highly recommend this hotel.

1 Thank L W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
Hotel Healdsburg
#7 of 9 in Healdsburg
Farmhouse Inn
Farmhouse Inn
#1 of 2 in Forestville

Been to H2 Hotel? Share your experiences!