“Beautiful Property and Exceptional Service”
Review of Bella Luna Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Healdsburg
Bella Luna Inn
Ranked #10 of 16 Healdsburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 July 2013

The setting and location of this Bed and Breakfast in Healdsburg was outstanding and very convenient only a couple of blocks from the square. The accommodations and service were impeccable.and the food fabulous. The house is beautifully appointed and spotless. Daniel and Stephen were great hosts and made our stay memorable and fun. Stephen is an absolutely wonderful chef and Daniel helped us with reservations and suggestions for wine tours. I would definitely return to Healdsburg and stay at Bella Luna again. Thank you for such a wonderful experience.
Loretta A

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank L A
There are newer reviews for Bella Luna Inn

Reviewed 15 July 2013

The girls and our one token male just returned from the Sonoma/Napa area. Bella Luna was our choice of lodging. Absolutely delightful. Spotlessly clean. Perfectly located. We rented out the entire inn. Daniel and Steven were delightful innkeepers. Steven was our breakfast chef and it was amazing. When in Healdsburg one should stay here, but book early. Linda T

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 June 2013

It's rare that I can say that a place is perfect. But Bella Luna (along with the innkeepers Daniel and Steven) shoot for just that, and magically get there.

My wife and I visited the Bella Luna early during our anniversary trip during which we drove from San Fran, to Healdsburg, onto Carmel, then through Big Sur to Santa Barbara, and finally ended in LA. We had the opportunity to stay in several places along the journey, and Bella Luna stood out. Out of the several great B&B's we've now visited all over, hands down it is our favorite.

The B&B is located right in town, walking distance to everything, which is so convenient. It's surrounded by a pretty garden, complete with orange trees, a little koi pond, and more flowers than you can believe. Breakfast is served in- or outdoors, depending on your preference and the weather. When outdoors, itis on the deck, overlooking the garden and pool. And the breakfast itself is fantastic. On days when Steven isn't available to cook, you receive a gift card to the local bakery Costeaux (5 minute walk), and there too the breakfast is spectacular.

Our suite, the Camelia Suite, was beautifully appointed, and more than enough room for my wife and I. The shower was bigger than some NYC apartments. But the thing that made the rooms really stand out were how well they were thought out. My wife commented on several occasions about how Daniel and Steven had just thought of everything. Towel warmer, makeup mirror, a variety of free beverages replenished daily, etc. None of those things make a B&B, but collectively the small things make a big difference.

By far, though, the most impressive feature of this already wonderful place is the people that run it. From the time we made the reservation and I spoke on the phone with Daniel, he asked questions about what we hoped to get out of our stay, and then listened intently to us. And from that point forward, he and Steven gave consistently wonderful recommendations: places to see, wineries to visit (there are hundreds in the area, so it was helpful to get some tips), restaurants to dine in, and even things to do in other cities along our drive. Everything that we could want in a B&B experience. And with all of that, you also got the sense that Daniel and Steven are just nice people that would like to know if they lived in your own town. It was just a pleasure, and undoubtedly, we will be back to visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Francis C
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We go up to Healdburg from the city often and have tried a variety of accomodations and we really enjoyed this time with Daniel and Stephen. They were warm - so helpful - and just a delight to have as our hosts. They showed us parts of healdsburg in our 5 years of vacationing there we never knew. I was there for my birthday and had reservations at Dry Creek Kitchen and they shared that if we brought wine from Sonoma County the restaurant waives the corkage charge! Then promptly swaped out our 1/2 bottle of complimentary wine for a full bottle of wine so we coudl enjoy it at dinner. It saved us at least 50-100 dollars during dinner!!! They also recommended 2 amazing spa options I will try next time. Finally - the grounds are lovely and they have these beautiful flowering orange and tangerine trees with PICKERS that you can use to get organic fruit. The scent of orange blossoms brought me back to our time in Morocco and it was so lovely to see and then taste in bed while relaxing. Finally - I had a treatment during breakfast so my husband had breakfast at the inn which smelled amazing and then they got me a 15 dollar gift card to the local bakery. We had to get on the road so at the bakery I bought fresh multi grain sliced bread, cookies for my kids, a slice of chanilly lace cake that was almost too beaufitul to eat and a baguette all for 16 dollars. I will enjoy my baked goods and oranges tomorrow in my own bed before the week starts again. Thank you Daniel and Stephen!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice but Camilla is very large and has its own sitting area!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this lovely inn last Saturday, and from the moment we arrived, we knew we'd made the right choice. Our room was spotless, beautifully decorated, and oh-so-comfortable! Daniel and Stephen have thought of every detail, from the complimentary bottle of wine to the beverages in the fridge to the towel warmer and amenities in the lovely bathroom to the delicious cookies in the evening to the always-available coffee and tea in the foyer! On Easter morning, Stephen made us a fabulous breakfast; and it was one of the highlights of our stay. The location of this inn is perfect. We were just a short walk to the plaza and the many surrounding restaurants and in-town tasting rooms. If you want to drive to the wineries as we did, there are literally dozens to choose from. Healdsburg in general is a wonderful, quaint place to visit. This was my second time to the area; and I highly recommend it. And, of course, we highly recommend Bella Luna and can't wait to visit again. Thanks, Daniel and Stephen, for everything! Julie and Chelsea

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 878JulieS
Reviewed 5 March 2013

We recently took my in-laws away for their anniversary. We spent 3 nigthts at the Inn, February 22 - 25th, occupying both the Camelia Suite and the Olive Mini Suite. This was the nicest furnished and appointed B&B we have ever stayed in. The Inn, which consists of 3 suites, was spotless with every attention paid to a travelers needs. The grounds were beautiful and the pool looks inviting for summer travel. A short walk to the town center, off street parking and close to restaurants.
Daniel and Stephen obviously have a lot of pride in what they have here. They were available for anything we needed. We will be back and will recommend the Bella Luna Inn to all of our friends.
Peter and Lin

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Peter A
Reviewed 24 February 2013

This review is very, very late. But I wanted to make sure to share our great experience at Bella Luna.

The location is great, easy to walk to restaurants and entertainment. The room was beautiful and vey clean. There is a beautiful pool and gardens. The owners were very welcoming and helpful with dinner and winery recommendations.

Breakfast was absolutely delicious- the best we have had in a bed & breakfast. I still think about their ginger scones every time we go out for breakfast!

My husband and I actually got engaged while staying here, and the owners were great helping my husband plan everything. They helped him find a great location to pop the question, and when we returned that evening we found our room decorated and a bottle of wine. It made the day even more special!

W hope to return for an anniversary trip one of these days. :)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple