“Great Wine”
Review of Unti Vineyards

Unti Vineyards
Ranked #46 of 163 things to do in Healdsburg
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The wine is great. The Zinfandel and Barbera are outstanding. This is a small little winery with a lot of charm. The staff is very helpful and friendly. No fee for tasting if wine is purchased.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stopped in at Unti without a reservation (I didn't know they required one), but the host graciously invited us in for a tasting. I’d read good things about Unti but they have a very small distribution…so I figured this might be a good chance to see a “mom and pop” winery. They definitely delivered. Even though we didn’t have a reservation, they welcomed us in. Their tasting room is in the back of their warehouse and the winemaker literally lives 20 feet away in the cottage. They are known for their Italian varietals, mostly. They had a solid Rose. Others we tried were Barbera, Segromigno (which was mostly Sangiovese), Zin, and 2 solid Syrahs. We intended on coming back to buy a bottle but just didn’t have time. I may try to have some shipped in the near future.

I recommend Unti especially if you're stopping at mostly large-production wineries to get a feel for a smaller producer with a sterling reputation.

2  Thank lukabrasi007
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I had stopped at Unti a few years ago during the barrel tasting festival. (I don't think they were part of the tour but open to the public that day) As it's a small production winery with a great reputation, we took advantage of their availability that day.

Flash forward this week. They're now available by appointment only to groups under 6. What a gem. Love the wines, LOVE the new tasting room.

Warning - it's tucked away and not easy to find. But well worth the visit.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Good wine in the dry creek valley is not hard to find, but exceptional wine still stands out and Unti is exceptional. Small production, distributed to largely northern CA restaurants and the lucky locals and travelers who stop in are the beneficiaries of Unti's passionate approach to winemaking. You will find atypical varietals that have been carefully selected to thrive in the CA, Dry Creek Valley climate. Purchase a case, mix and match everything, you will not be disappointed. In fact, the only disappointment was no wine club, but you can purchase online! I must add the tasting room experience was, without equivocation, the most informative and interesting. To taste fabulous wine and learn a few more intricacies in the selection, growing, production, etc process beyond the above average repertoire improves the experience exponentially.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

A friend who lives near San Francisco said we had to go to this small vineyard. We arrived there as soon as the tasting room opened at 10:00 on a Saturday. We were the first ones there but they said that they were almost booked up with groups with reservations. This was the day after Valentine's Day so I don't know if they are that busy all the time. George, the owner, and another young lady were so very knowledgeable about the wines. The wine tasting was only $5 and is comped, I believe, with purchase. It was very helpful to have quite extensive information that we could read as we were drinking each wine. George explained that these wines were very similar to northern Itay and southern France. He is originally from Lucca, which is north of Sienna and Florence. He was a wonderful story teller and made the tasting so interesting. The other person is very involved with managing Italian restaurants so she was perfect to ask about food and wine pairings. The tasting room is rather small so I would go early. We did buy a bottle of their Zinfandels. I would definitely put this vineyard on your list.