“Best Lunch”

Jimtown Store
Ranked #2 of 23 Shopping in Healdsburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: A true country store and cafe with everything you could possibly need. Breakfast and lunch for dine-in or take away. Coffee and home made pastries every morning. Housewares, toys, old fashioned candy and locally made gifts. Call ahead or order online for great boxed lunches. Catering and delivery services available for dinner, lunch, or breakfast.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I hesitate to write this review as this place was a huge find for us, and by far one of the best lunches we've had while wine tasting in Sonoma County. You all know those busy sandwich places you stop for and get a run of the mill sandwich after a long wait and finding a place to park...only to be disappointed.. I don't know if it was the timing as our line was short (and wait time not too bad), but I would have waited longer for the fabulous brisket sandwich we had here. We shared the brisket sand with some chips and had more than enough to eat and ate out in the back with sunshine. They also offer wine from Hawks which is a special blend of white and red. Best brisket ever and can't wait to go back!

1  Thank TravelsMoore

Reviewed 26 January 2013

Wendy and I stopped for a sandwich on a very enjoyable drive through the Californian country side, and it's just such a fascinating destination, as well as the really great sandwiches the store is just full of amazing antiques and the ambience is just very relaxing. Although we know Carrie Brown, the owner, and wanted to stop by to say hello, I would still recommend it for a lunch stop over if you are in the Alexander valley or visiting Healdsburg

1  Thank Stephen J
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Jimtown Store is getting a little too big for it's britches...Prices are way too high for this casual of a dining(lunch) experience...Not "Wow" food by any means.....I do love their Hibiscus tea.....Pumpkin bread wasn't pumpkiny at all.....OK stop if going by, but wouldn't make a separate trip...

1  Thank TwoTeaTotalers
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I absolutely fell in love with this place the minute I walked in the door. The people who work here are unbelievably friendly, and the food is to die for! The bread is so fresh, and the menu offerings are unique and amazingly delicious! The store is so cute, and they have great knick-knacks and gifts, and I never miss a chance to visit when I'm in town (which is usually a few times a year). I highly recommend you head to the Jimtown Store for one of the best sandwiches around!

Reviewed 18 July 2012

The Santa Rosa Cycling Club has partnered with the owners of the Jimtown Store to provide cyclist parking and access to water on the east side of the building. Tasty casual lunch items, friendly staff, and easy shaded outside bench seating makes this an excellent stop for cyclists. It is also quite popular with tourists on wine tours.

1  Thank Steve H