“A throwbackk-wonderful”

A. Rafanelli Winery
Ranked #51 of 161 things to do in Healdsburg
Reviewed 13 April 2011

This is a first-class, family-run place which harkens back to the old days in the Healdsburg area. Tasting is with a family member in the barrel room; gracious and knowledgeable. Their Zins are not overpowering and the reserve Cab is spectacular. Takes a few years to get on the mailibng list and be able to purchase the wines--worth the wait.

1  Thank Samolocal

Reviewed 13 February 2011

As always, our visit to Rafanelli Winery was great. The wines this year are some of the best in 10-15 years of going to this winery. The Cab this year is spectacular. Each year one of their wines is better than the others. This year it is the Cab. See you again next year. Stacy, Shelly, and Dave are wonderful.

1  Thank capthowe
Reviewed 6 August 2010

The Rafanelli's have taken time out of harvest to show us around. I have visited the winery 10 times over 20 years and have always felt like I was coming home after being away too long. Great wines and great people.

Reviewed 3 June 2009

My wife and I have been going to this winery for many(15) years running. Everyone there has always been nothing less than wonderful. The wines are even better. They care about their wines and the customers that purchase their wines. If there is a better, bigger zin out there please let me know?? Great wine and great people(Dave and his family)

Reviewed 1 April 2009

During a trip to Wine Country on my 40th Birthday four years ago, my friends and I ( 4 of us ) were told a visit to the Raffanelli Winery was a must. Out of the blue, we stopped by and David Raffanelli gave us a personal and impromptu tour of his familys winery. He was very hospitable. While offering us wine tasting and pairing them with various cheeses, he told us all about his wine production and family history in making wine in the Dry Creek Valley. He spent about an hour with us and we happily purchase a 1/2 dozen bottles of Zin Cab and Merlot. I've been exchanging holiday cards and purchasing wine from the Raffanelli Family ever since.