“Visit a Dry Creek Valley Legend”

A. Rafanelli Winery
Ranked #47 of 175 things to do in Healdsburg
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I have waited months to be able to finally go see this great and legendary Zin maker and last weekend, we got the opportunity. It was easy to get an appt and the girls took good care of us upon arrival. We tasted both the Zin and Cab in their wonderful barrel room that added to the experience, and they were both very good, especially the Zin, which is what we purchased. I can't wait for the 2012 Zin coming later this year. BTW-they do take credit cards now, so it's not just a cash operation as before. A.Rafanelli is truly a class act, with a great facility, wine and super nice people..can't go wrong!

1  Thank CigarStoreIndian
"grapes"
in 3 reviews
"club"

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stumbled upon A. Rafanelli when looking at google maps in the sonoma area. I was intrigued because the didn't do retain distribution, and I really like small wineries which cater to their customers rather than to what can sell in stores.

We were the only people at the tasting, which was done in the cellar among all the aging wines. We had good conversation and our host would talk about anything. The wines (only reds and all full bodied) didn't disappoint and we ended up taking 6 bottles home with us.

I highly recommend stopping by if you have the time. It one of the better wineries in the area.

2  Thank jpmnyc
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

we visited this place a couple of times during passport weekend. this time we made an appointment which was nicer. no crowds and we could enjoy the tasting. known for their zins but we were really enjoying the merlot. we will be back.

1  Thank nocalwinemaker
Reviewed 22 November 2013

By know Dave and the family for most of my life, I know is a real working vineyard and winery. Dave's family has been working the land for 60 plus years and understands what make good wine. You must visit.

1  Thank cap6302