“Gotta get the Chicken Paillard”
Review of Ralph's House - CLOSED

Ralph's House
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Ralph's Martini House takes great care in the origins of our foods. All our dairy is organic. Our meats are grass fed. Poultry is local, hormone and antibiotic free. The menu follows the local garden and is organic whenever possible. We create elegant small plates, brillant cocktails and provide Healdsburg's only late-night dining option. Come out and play with us!
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Our party of 4 had lunch at Bistro Ralph last week, and I thought it was great. It is a small place right on the square in Healdsburg. Our waiter was enthusiastic and welcoming. Three of us had their specialty "Chicken Paillard", which is a pounded then sauteed chicken breast over shoestring fries. It is simply sensational. I read one TA review in which the reviewer sniffed that this dish isn't really French. I don't know whether it is or not, but I thought Bistro Ralph's Chicken Paillard was tres bien!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

For the fifth year in a row we had a spectacular dinner at bistro Ralph. I had soft shell crab for an appetizer and duck confit for an entree. The heirloom tomato salad was fantastic and my date loved her scallops. The profiteroles were fantastic and the wine list with local limited production wines amazing. We had Mounts Grenache which was a perfect match to the confit! The service was friendly and attentive. Do not miss this place!

1  Thank Drew K
Reviewed 8 July 2014

A little Europe in California
Close seating, beautiful ambiance, wonderful good. Presented well, enjoyed watching other guests good as well as I enjoyed eating my own!

1  Thank deb9254
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We come here every year. Food is great as are cocktails. I have written a review before.The reason I'm writing the new review is that they have a $15 corkage fee and Tues - Thurs corkage fee is waived. This is great when you are visiting wineries and buying wines you want to try. I had forgotten this and it's worth considering.

2  Thank huntejk
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My wife and I had dinner here on the first night of a three-day weekend in Sonoma and it was a fine place to start what would be a wine and food weekend in addition to the wedding that we would attend. This restaurant is attractive and our dinner was very good, including the wine our server recommended. The only "complaint" I might mention is that as someone who loves french-fries, I ordered the "1,000 Fries" as a side-dish. I should have understood that from the name of the dish, they meant it literally! The plate of fries was about a foot-high! No one warned me that this "side-dish" has enough french fries to feed a poker game. It's enough fries for probably five or six people. So, beware before you order them. That having been said, there's a really good choice of dishes available at this bistro and I'd trust that they're all as good as the chicken liver entree that I had. Chicken livers...french fries...Heaven!! I tasted my wife's Ceasar Salad and it was absolutely delicious. So, I'd say that if you're heading for Healdsburg and you want to have dinner out, the Bistro Ralph is a great choice.