“Wow! A great meal and a reasonable price. I will return!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dry Creek Kitchen

Dry Creek Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Dry Creek Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 95 Restaurants in Healdsburg
Price range: US$15 - US$80
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Matheson Street
San Francisco
“Wow! A great meal and a reasonable price. I will return!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I am a foodie from San Francisco and this place really pleased me. The ambiance, food, low-key but elegant atmosphere, really hit the spot for a romantic dinner. I had the pumpkin soup appetizer which was delicious, slightly creamy flavor, but not too rich. My girlfriend has the tortellino (Vanilla + Brown Butter Parsnip 'TortellinoFennel Mousseline / Bitter Walnuts / Watercress), which was amazingly flavorfull. There were about five tortellino on the plate, so a bit small, but worth it. I had the California Sea BassSweet Corn Fondue / Crispy Un-Smoked Bacon / Toasted Garlic Rapini / Oven Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette with out the bacon for my entree. It was excellent. They mix flavors together that I'd never have thought of. My girlfriend had the duck (Sonoma County Liberty DuckStar Anise Crusted Breast / Crispy Confit / Dried Blueberry Sausage / Crispy Sunchokes / Baby Carrots / French Breakfast Radish) which was outstanding. Many different flavors and textures of duck; we enjoyed the confit particularly. I think I had the prix fixe for about $65, including dessert. I had the peanut butter chocolate layer cake slice, which was outstanding; it was quite rich, but not too big. For the $, it was an excellent deal and less expensive than an equivalent meal in San Francisco.

Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Bustling and Lively Eatery!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Had a lovely meal at Dry Creek Kitchen! Service was prompt and thorough. Presentation and beauty of the food was incredible. Interesting menu choices and great wine list! Beautiful interior and lively patrons along with window seats made the evening very special! The Scallops in Puff Pastry were amazing!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Excellent -- nothing less”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Four of us ate at the Dry Creek Kitchen. Each felt that we had an exceptional meal. I had the Pumpkin soup. It was served with a sweet cream and balsamic accent. It was absolutely the best I have ever eaten. My husband had chicken paillards (pounded thin) with with a lemon-thyme sauce. It was also very memorable.

California
“Sadly Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

We have eaten at the Dry Creek Kitchen in the past, and always found it to be excellent. Unfortunately, our experience this time was disappointing. We made reservations in advance, and were early - we were seated at one of the less desirable tables - right in front of the shelves with the cookbooks - the shelves are dark and block any extra light. We ordered the 4 course tasting menu and included the wines. The portions of food were very small and the wine pours were insultingly short. The cost for the wine tastings was $42 to sample 3 wines. The three pours we received barely equaled one glass of wine in total. The food was tasty, however the portions were very small. The one disappointing course was the dessert - I ordered the gingercake (which I love) and found the portion to be more generous, however the cake itself was dry to the point of tasting stale. We also were disappointed in the service. In the past, the servers we've had have been very good. Our main server was lack-luster at best. He did very little to explain specials - and when asked about the 7 course tasting menu told us next to nothing - thus losing a sale! There are many other good restaurants in the area, sadly this one appears to be past it's prime.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
toronto
“Over the top”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Best meal we had in California. Staff was wonderful and service timed to perfection. Restaurant served us a complimentary sparkling wine as an aperitif. Guests are able to bring their own wine, without paying a corkage fee, if bought in Healdsburg, which really cuts down on the price of dinner here, which is very expensive but worth it. We brought two bottles with us and our server was most gracious about it. This truly is a special occasion restaurant and the best of California, fairly noisy and lively but also romantic. The manager came out to check that everything was okay twice, during dinner.They have a patio with heat lamps, so even on a chilly night, one can eat outside. I had an Outstanding beet salad and best mushroom risotto ever. My husband had the duck which he highly recommends. The peanut butter tart is wonderful. Cannot wait to go back, when we next return to Healdsburg.

Visited October 2013