“Makings of a perfect picnic”

Downtown Bakery & Creamery
Ranked #2 of 4 Bakeries in Healdsburg
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My husband and I stopped in here to pick up sweets for breakfast before a day of winery visits and discovered they made lunch sandwiches to go, even around 10am when we arrived. We each ordered a donut muffin (I had seen them on Unique Sweets on the Cooking Channel) and they did not disappoint! I forget from the show feature whether they are fried ... but they taste as good as if they were. Love the crispy cinnamon sugar crust. To go I took a curry chicken sandwich and he had a turkey sandwich. Both held up for a picnic lunch at Truett Hurst winery (a separate review but loved that spot!) and had flavorful fillings with great chewy bread. The rotating case of pastries and puddings looked so enticing also. Prices were very reasonable, especially for the area. I think each of our sandwiches was $5. We were in San Francisco before ending our California trip and also saw a DB&C booth at the Ferry Building Saturday Farmer's Market, so look for them there, too!

Reviewed 28 September 2013

All those cakes, we enjoy the Quiche and then had half a lemon tart each.
The tart was wonderful and full of flavour.
The serving area was a little tight, but you could look at all those Calories, just adding weight to your tummy.

We would come back again, but just a little to far to travel from Australia

Reviewed 9 September 2013

The baked goods are fantastic (I think reasonably priced, but I don't really look at price for quality). Unfortunately they've dedicated half of their tiny interior space to lunch/coffee/ice cream setup, which isn't where their heart and soul is - and it shows.

I've gotten the breakfast sandwich/muffin here and will never buy it again, the sausage was cold throughout and seemed as though it had been frozen. Not appetizing.

Coffee is a mess here.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Yes, but how did you like the savory items? They are delicious and memorable. I don't think one should miss the sticky buns or the gullets. I love the informal atmosphere and friendly, efficient service. It's a little tight and so one can't see all the pastries while standing in line, nor is there a lot of room for sitting. It's not inexpensive but then again, the ingredients aren't cheap. I wonder how much I'd have to pay them if I worked there?

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Freshness is the best word to describe the baked goods. Everything is made of real ingredients, and made with passion and love. Better than homemade, but it will recall memories of your youth and the kitchens of mom or a loving aunt. Baking is and these people are artists.

1  Thank Wallytheplumber30