“If you love teeny, tiny clams in broth”
Review of Bravas

Bravas
Ranked #7 of 99 Restaurants in Healdsburg
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: North
Description: Bravas brings the flair and flavors of Spain to wine country. The menu features tapas and seasonal dishes served a la plancha-all with chef Mark Stark's signature twist. Bravas introduces Sonoma County's first "Ham and Cheese Bar," serving Spanish and local cheeses, Tortilla Espanola, and Iberico ham, sliced paper thin to order by a "Hamboner." Bravas offers a selection of local and Spanish wines, sangria and Spain-inspired cocktails. Dine indoors or out. Happy Hour: Monday to Thursday from 3 pm to 5 pm
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Among my favorites, I love the teeny, tiny clams in a lovely broth served with pan olive, which is olive oil on freshly toasted bread. The clams are plentiful and tasty little morsels, the bread is for sopping the broth until you're ready to finish it off with a spoon. And that's just one of the choices!

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We ate dinner at Tapas on 8/11. We chose the patio. Although it turned chilly we braved it out. The tapas were very good. Having not eaten at a Tapas Restaurant before, we didn't know the finer points, like we were expected to share our orders and we received two selections at once. All were very good to passable. We started with the marinated olive appetizer, receiving at least 4 different kinds of olives with cheese in a very nice oil. Next came my Salmorejo soup, a delicious rendition of gazpacho. My wife had Bacon-Wrapped Dates with blue cheese and almonds, another delicious dish. She opted for the Creamy Chicken, Ham & Gruyere Croquetas which were also delicious. My low point was the Crab Fieua, crab in vermicelli, which was dry and seemd to consist only of vermicelli. My last course was the Pimenton Quail, quite tasty but bony. Still very good. Service was good and it had a happy ambiance. Heat lamps were available.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Very nice servers but food is awful. TripAdvisor definitely let us down. I know I need to write at least 100 characters. But there is only one word I can think of Awful, awful, awful.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

And to be able to eat such wonderful, fresh, interesting food, while drinking beautiful wines on a shaded patio. We hoped our young 'uns would like the cute little plates of food and tried to order "kid-friendly" dishes like the chicken croquetas and ham and cheese toasted sandwiches. Unfortunately for them, fortunately for us, they weren't interested in anything beyond the bread and toothpicks. While I'm not usually a big fan of Spanish food / tapas, everything we ordered was excellent. We were there mid-day when everything was laid back. I suspect that at night it must get super busy and a bit rushed. FYI: we ordered 4 dishes, 2 adult drinks, 1 kid drink and spent about $70.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We ate at the bar. Good wine and tapas and very friendly staff. Totally recommended.As we've done this in Spain it compares well. Great place to eat.