“"Fun, friendly, trendy, and very accommodating"” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Nightlife in Healdsburg
Milford
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“"Fun, friendly, trendy, and very accommodating"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stopped by La Crema on a Monday afternoon around 4:45 p.m. (they close at 5:30) This was our second stop after Toad Hollow where we were quite disappointed, (see my review). From the moment we walked in we felt like family. April greeted us with a huge, "Hello!" and a big smile. Within minutes we were tasting some of the best wine I've had. I'm trying to become a bigger wine fan because all of my friends drink it. Until now, I didn't have a fav. Now I do! I like whites a lot and they were all very good in the flight that I had. As my partner and I were tasting, April would give us some very detailed information about the grapes, where they are grown, climate, aging process, the typical information. But she did this with such passion. You could tell she loved her job, loved the wine, and truly cared about our experience there. She gave us a tour through the tasting room and explained the changes that they've made recently. Before long we were signing up for the wine club. She was not rushing us out of the tasting room because it was, "5:30." She said stay and enjoy your wine. In addition, I found a fav new wine and we bought a bottle of 9 Barrel 2010 Chardonnay. By the end we were hugging April good-bye and contemplating returning the next day at 10:30 a.m. when they opened. Can't wait to plan another trip to CA just to go there!!!!! Kudos La Crema for great wine and a great staff!!!

Visited August 2013

Lone Tree, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My fave”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

Yes, I loved this wine going in, but there were generous pours, loved the wines not available through retail, and even joined the wine club. Staff was personable and helpful. So glad we stopped!
Healdsburg was super sweet. Walk down to Willie's to get the BEST LUNCH EVER and recover from your tasting.

Visited June 2013
San Diego, California
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“If you like red wine, La Crema won't disappoint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

I'm a fan of La Crema wines. Their Pinots are superior to most. I usually avoid Chardonnay, however I really like the ones La Crema bottles. You will find the employees to be knowledgeable and pleasant. It's a small place, but the atmosphere is nice. We even joined the wine club before we left. If you like red wine pay the extra money for the reserve tasting. You won't be disappointed.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank tsudoughnim
Burlington, Canada
199 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 176 helpful votes
“Only if you love Pinot.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

I like Pinot. It's not a passion of mine however, so this tasting doesn't rate up there with some of the others for that reason alone. The room is lovely, the young lady who looked after us knew her stuff and was very pleasant and fun, and the wines were good. We came here because the LCBO magazine told me that the winemaker is from Niagara and went to school for winemaking at Brock University, an hour or so from home. She is doing a great job!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank SLT1962
oregon
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“What A Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

Nice contemporary tasting room that showcases small batch Pinor Noirs. The pourer was very knowledgable and even made a dinner reservation for us.

Visited March 2013