“Great Wine Pairings with Creative Menu!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Partake by K-J - CLOSED

Partake by K-J
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Matheson
Seville, Spain
“Great Wine Pairings with Creative Menu!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Really enjoyed eating here and pairing wines with small plates. Would definitely go back. The restaurant was lively and no too large. Set menu or a la carte which is a nice choice.

• Visited November 2013

Omaha, Nebraska, United States
“Not my thing!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Partake by K-J is a pairing restaurant. I felt that the waiter really was good throughout till the end when he really wanted to sell us the wine they had paired with the meal....maybe he was getting a commission for bottles sold that did sour my overall experience w Partake. The food was good overall. My girlfriend ordered the creamy grits...but was told that the fresh egg that it said was cooked... it wasn't! We told the waiter he said he went and checked with the chef and was told it was.....it wasn't the other couple we were with saw how running the grits were. Wine was ok nothing special. There are other places we ate that are much much better for the quality of the food.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Santa Rosa, California, USA
“They totally redeemed themselves”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

My wife and I went to Partake for our anniversary dinner. We were ignored for about 15 minutes and felt very isolated. I mentioned this to our waiter and he was very attentive to us after this. We had several dishes and several glasses of wine. Our waiter told us that the last glass was on him. The chef came out to insure that we were satisfied with our meal and gave us a free glass of late harvest wine to go with our dessert. When the bill came, the server informed us that all of our wine was comped and we were only charged for the food. Note that our wine consumption aside from the freebies would have outweighed the bill for food. We went from an initial feeling that we would never return to this restaurant to one that we cannot wait to return. Highly recommended, some of the best service we have ever experienced.

Visited September 2013
Londonderry, New Hampshire
“Nice experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Being our first paring experience - we enjoyed ourselves from start to finish. Staff is knowledgeable and friendly. I had the garden grouping and my husband the chefs choice. Both were nicely presented at each course. Very flavorful. Yes, small portions but its all about taste! Was nice to really think about what your eating and tasting. Wine selections right on. Will go again for sure.

• Visited October 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
“A different restaurant format”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Partake by K-J took me by surprise in a few ways. Not necessarily bad ways. The format was the first surprise. This is a small plates format, and that's pretty nice. Most diners expect to select their entrée and then select a wine. Here the wines come first -- or at least they appear to. The wines are listed on the left of the menu, and the accompanying small plates are on the right. Of course, you don't have to order the accompanying pairings, but it's informative. Another surprise that I didn't catch when I made the reservation was the "by K-J" in the name. The restaurant is a clever advertisement for Kendall-Jackson wines. All of the wines are by Kendall-Jackson. I learned from our very pleasant and informative waiter that Kendall-Jackson is the largest wine producer in the U.S. and that it bottles wines under 110 different labels. They are even expanding to Oregon. Fortunately, none of these factors detracted from the food, which was excellent. My small plate of duck presented three very different preparations of duck, each of which was wonderful. So in the end, our dinner was informative and delicious, but unexpected in several ways.

Visited October 2013