“Amazing food!”

Cross street: Healdsburg Avenue
JBLou
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We enjoyed every bite of our food when we ate here. We started with the crab tater tots, each had the shot of pea soup, shared the strozzapreti, beef sliders and day boat scallops. The beef sliders were amazing and so full of flavor as was the strozzapreti. The scallops were perfectly prepared. No issues at all with service. Can't wait to return when we are back in Healdsburg!

• Visited May 2014

Miami, Florida
“Great Cocktails”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We didn't have dinner at Chalkboard but enjoyed great, unique cocktails at the bar in the beautiful Les Mars Hotel

Visited April 2014
Seattle
“Just trying way too hard...”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The concept of small plates and wine by the half glass is just up my alley, but Chalkboard didn't hit it. We had the crab tater tots, which seemed undercooked to me. The tots seemed unreasonably chewy, but good flavors. We did have the California salmon toastie at the recommendation of our server. It was delicious! The fritto misto was tasty, but some inedible bits. The aioli with the fritto misto was very good. Overall, I just thought it was over priced for what you actually got. The low light of the evening was our server. He spoke way too quickly and seemed to have a glib attitude. After I had a question about oak on the Sauvignon blancs, he told me he "didn't approve" of oak on Sauvignon blanc. This was before he had any idea of my preferences and a complete dismissal of all of Bordeaux's Sauvignon blanc. Not to mention some of Sonoma county's best Sauvignon blanc producers! I did appreciate the half glass option even while I wish the selection had of been broader. I won't consider Chalkboard as one of my favorites, but I will probably try it again.

Visited May 2014
Westfield, New Jersey
“Wow!!”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Every small plate was like a present from the kitchen. Each course was a gem! The dessert, a deconstructed candy bar (in my husband's words) was amazing. The only course that wasn't that special was the salad course (can't remember the exact name).

Visited May 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“So-so”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I went to this restaurant with high expectations based on their posted menu and was disappointed. The food was of mixed quality with some items being excellent and some overcooked or the flavors slightly off. I ended up with a terrible belly ache afterward and would not go back.

We had later dinner reservations and the restaurant was not very crowd. The noise level was quiet. The service was generally pretty good but at times a little too laid back since we were ordering only one or two tapas at a time.

• Visited March 2014