“Wonderful meal! A must place to eat in Healdsburg”
Review of Zin Restaurant & Wine Bar - CLOSED

Zin Restaurant & Wine Bar
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: At Zin, our menu offers a mix of familiar favorites from classic American fare and original creations inspired by regional specialties. Our menu changes often and reflects our commitment to seasonal food. Our food is prepared from local ingredients showcasing the best of what our region has to offer.
Carol Stream, Illinois
“Wonderful meal! A must place to eat in Healdsburg”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Based on reviews, we thought we would give Zin a try. All we can say is "Wow!". The meal was fantastic. Menu is a bit limited in selections but it's probably because they are so focused on the quality of the menu items. We recommend the Mexican Beer-battered Green Bean appetizer and the pork chops. 2 great choices that will not disappoint. Friendly and attentive staff adds to a nice meal out.

• Visited August 2014

Guelph, Canada
“Lucky pick in Healdsburg!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We were recently travelling in the Healdsburg area in July with a group of friends and decided to try to the Music in the Park experience which is held mid-week and then enjoy dinner while in town. We picked Zin based on reviews we read and luckily made reservations. Turned out to be a wonderful dining experience! It's located facing the park (which was packed, by the way, with locals who come and setup their spots early!) so it's right downtown - lots of good wandering and shopping can be done. The decor is very inviting and the owner very warm and welcoming! She told us all about the history of the restaurant which is the creation of herself and, as she proudly describes with much humour, her much younger husband chef! Lots of fun! The food and wine were excellent from starter through to dessert and the service very helpful and attentive. Have to mention that one of our party tried the Battered Green Beans starter and they were great! How unique! The restaurant had recently been featured in a Sonoma magazine and the Beans were the cover picture! Zin was definitely a great find!

Roselle, Illinois
“Our Best Meal Yet....”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My wife and I recently dined at Zin (we have previously dined here four other times) and absolutely loved our meal! Food portions are generous enough so we split each course: the Mexican Battered Green Beans (which we always order). This might have been their best effort yet: crispy (not overly oily) coating that perfectly enhanced the green beans. Next, we ordered the whole leaf romaine salad (all ingredients fresh and delicious), and finally the short ribs (we like to consider ourselves "short ribs aficionados;" Zin's interpretation was outstanding: moist enough to not require a knife, bursting with smokey flavor and juiciness). Moreover, we each had several glasses of wine (Quivera Zinfandel really works well with many of the foods offered here) that fully complemented our food. The service is top notch (we were slightly disappointed to learn that our "Ex-Chicagoan" waiter Dave had recently left Zin) and the ambiance enticing (we love the smokey aromas permeating throughout the restaurant). As we are already beginning preparations for our next trip to Sonoma Valley/Healdsburg (2016), we unequivocally endorse Zin Restaurant and Wine Bar to anyone staying in Healdsburg looking for a wonderful food and wine experience.

Petaluma, California
“Excellent all the way around!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My wife and I stayed in Healdsburg to celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary. I thought it would be fun to walk around town and check out different dinner spots rather than make a reservation. Not a good plan for Healdsburg on a Saturday during the Summer. The first few spots we tried had no available table for 2 and the average wait time was over 90 mins.
So we stopped into Zin and they were also very busy. The hostess sensed our disappointment and found us a table for 2 near the entrance of the restaurant. We were very glad to finally sit down for dinner. Our server (Leah?) was very nice and she had a perfect balance of not checking in too often but still providing great service.
We ended up ordering the fried green beans and the flatbread with mozzarella and arugula. Both were excellent. My wife ordered the Summer Pesto pasta which had a nice spice to it. I believe we were told that there is a hint of roasted jalapenos in the sauce. I ordered the Ahi Tuna special which was perfectly cooked. We also enjoyed a nice bottle of local Pinot Noir.
Bottom line, food was great, Service was great. Wine was great. The owner even stepped outside as we were leaving to thank us. I gave her a hug. Yep, that happened.
Fantastic experience and I'll definitely be coming back.

1 Thank Justin B
Buffalo, New York
“We keep coming back . . . from across the country!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We keep coming back . . . from across the country! Seriously. We live in Buffalo, NY and we have been to Zin 4 or 5 times (at least) since we found it. We bring friends and now, they are coming on their own!

We dined at Zin on Sunday, July 13, 2014 with a friend from San José. We had been tasting wines all afternoon using the swish and spit method. :) Our friend wanted to know if he could bring a nice bottle of wine. He wanted to bring a special bottle of older wine. I commented that they have a wonderful wine list with reasonable prices but I would check on their corkage policy. Many of their wines are those that are currently available locally in the Healdsburg region and are younger wines. When I called to ask about corkage, the manager told me that they have a $20 corkage fee for a bottle that is brought in, BUT if you purchase a bottle from them, the corkage fee is waived. This is a totally acceptable policy in my eyes.

Now, on to dinner: we ordered the shrimp and grits appetizer to share. Each of us was able to get a good enough serving of this luscious, rich, delectable dish of goodness that we were satisfied and yet, not over-stuffed. They have special for most nights of the week. Sunday night is Fried Chicken Night. This is one of their signature dishes and so, my husband decided to order it--especially since they had not yet run out! They offer a choice of white or dark meat. They only had two orders of dark meat remaining by 6:15 PM! It came to the table extremely hot and remained so throughout the meal! I had a taste after he had almost finished and it was still deliciously hot! The chicken came with sautéed collards, mashed potatoes and homemade biscuits with honey butter. All were yummy!

Our friend and I both ordered the grilled lamb sirloin with fresh mint-pepper jelly, creamed greens and cheddar scalloped potatoes. I ordered mine medium rare and our friend ordered his rare. Each dish came out properly prepared. His was clearly less cooked than mine! I was a very happy diner that evening! My lamb was oh, so tender. The mint-pepper jelly provided just the right amount of additional interest. The creamed greens were a mix of collards and kale. There was just the right amount of each and the cream sauce pulled them together nicely. Of course, the potatoes were perfectly cooked. There was plenty of food on the plate!

By not eating too much for appetizers, we saved room for their wonderful desserts! My husband and our friend ordered the Blackberry Peach Cobbler with Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream. The fruits are locally grown. It was excellent. I ordered the Frozen Lemon Bavarian Torte with Strawberry Sorbet. It, too, was excellent but did not look anything like a Bavarian Torte. I was expecting many layers of goodness. This torte had a large layer of frozen lemon goodness topped with a beautiful layer of strawberry sorbet. It was rather light and quite pleasing to the palate.

Our server was quite delightful and the other servers were quite pleasant as well. We really love this place! It has a nice warm and inviting atmosphere and excellent food! We will be back the next time we are able. Keep cooking the excellent food and we'll keep coming back! Healdsburg is lucky to have you!