“Beautiful grounds for a picnic” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dry Creek Vineyard

Dry Creek Vineyard
Ranked #1 of 155 things to do in Healdsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Award Winning Family Owned Winery: beautiful picnic grounds, tasting room, private tastings, free Wi-Fi, a wide selection of wines including rare single-vineyard wines. David Stare founded Dry Creek Vineyard in 1972. Winemaking emphasis is on grapes from select Sonoma County vineyards, chosen for quality and character. Fume Blanc, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Zinfandel, Dry Chenin Blanc, Reserve Chardonnay and Meritage are produced. Dry Creek has received over 1,000 medals for wines in 40 years.
Nashville, Tennessee
433 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 737 helpful votes
“Beautiful grounds for a picnic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

John, the fantastic man that waited on us, was informative and interesting to talk to. He taught us a few things we did not realize about wine making. The cab here (located last on the list on the right-I do not have the bottle handy for the name, sorry!) was amazing! Comfortable tasting room, all of the staff seemed great.

1 Thank Ann C
Michael L, Manager at Dry Creek Vineyard, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
The wine you mention is called Endeavour Cabernet Sauvignon. Thanks for the great review!

Lake Stevens
“The best birthday experiance so far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

I have visited Dry Creek Winery since 1999 and out of all the wineries on the west coast this is by far my favorite. The grounds are beautiful, the building/ tasting room is rustic but inviting. When you walk in to sample their amazing wines you instantly feel like family. I am a Zin. guy and Dry Creek Winery has not only the best tasting, full bodied Zin but the selection and variety of varietal's is truly a treat. Their gift shop is top rated and I really enjoy the celebrity display . My last server Karen [ a 30 year veteran] was fantastic, very experienced, a total sweetheart. Thank you!!

Visited November 2013
Happy Birthday! We are honored you chose to celebrate at our winery. It sounds like you had a great time. We look forward to many more visits in the future.
Springfield, Oregon
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Simply the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

After a picnic lunch in the small but lovely garden, we tasted with Ian, and he was AMAZING. Gave us the full run of the wine list despite it being complementary (we had a coupon) and filled the time with amazing knowledge of both the wines and the areas -- with lots of asides from his colorful life. Not to be missed!!!!!!!!!!!

Visited November 2013
So glad you had a great wine tasting experience with Ian. We have to agree with you...he has some great life stories!
San Rafael, CA
“Always a great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

My wife and I have enjoyed Dry Creek Winery for 20+ years, its always a fantastic experience. The Wine is fantastic, the tasting room is fun and full of energy and the picnic grounds are beautiful no matter what time year. Ian in the tasting room always exceeds our expectations, and his knowledge of the wines is spot on. I just purchased the 3-bottle set of Endeavor to add to my vertical i already have. The Mariner is one of my wife's favs as is the Spencer Hill Zin. We are also Wine Club Members and its the one membership over the years I have kept. I expect we will still be visiting Dry Creek for many, many years to come.

Visited November 2013
Thank you so much for 20+ years with Dry Creek Vineyard! I'm thrilled to hear about your great experience with our wine club. Most wineries are lucky if they get wine club members to stay over 2 years...we have many wine club members who have been with us for over 15 years. Enjoy that Endeavour vertical - the 2005 Endeavour is my personal favorite since it is showing the benefits of bottle aging. Some of the fruit in the wine has been replaced by elegant flavors of tobacco & spice box. A great holiday wine.
Aliso Viejo, California
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

We originally visited the tasting room for a free tasting with Visa Signature Card. We loved the wine so much, we became Wine Club Members. The tasting room is just the right size, and staff are knowledgeable about wines they are poring. Beautiful grounds to enjoy a picnic or just relax with a bottle of wine.

Visited November 2013
Welcome to the wine club family! And thank you for the wonderful review