“Terrific selection of whites”
Review of Dry Creek Vineyard

Dry Creek Vineyard
Ranked #1 of 158 things to do in Healdsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Award Winning Family Owned Winery: beautiful picnic grounds, tasting room, private tastings, free Wi-Fi, a wide selection of wines including rare single-vineyard wines. David Stare founded Dry Creek Vineyard in 1972. Winemaking emphasis is on grapes from select Sonoma County vineyards, chosen for quality and character. Fume Blanc, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Zinfandel, Dry Chenin Blanc, Reserve Chardonnay and Meritage are produced. Dry Creek has received over 1,000 medals for wines in 40 years.
Rainier, Oregon
306 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 290 helpful votes
“Terrific selection of whites”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I would have given this venue 5 stars, except they were having a Members-only gathering in the back room, and members kept coming out, crowding to the front and making requests of the tasting room staff. Made for a very disjointed tasting. That said, Dry Creek has some excellent whites. I especially enjoyed the dry Chenin blanc and the Fume blanc. They advertise as wines for sailors, and as a retired submariner, I would agree. I repeat the caveat about the roads leading to these wineries on the west side - narrow, twisting, no shoulders, and lots of traffic on the weekends.

Visited March 2014
Michael L, Manager at Dry Creek Vineyard, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
We're so glad you enjoyed your tasting here at Dry Creek Vineyard! And I apologize for the disjointed tasting. We're working on event best practices, and your feedback is very helpful...thank you

San Jose, California
“excellent wines and excellent staff”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This was our second visit. We became members after our first visit.I was never a fan of Zinfandel until I tasted these wines. The Somers Vineyard Zin was outstanding. I also enjoyed the Zin from Spencers Vineyard. They were full bodied, smooth with plenty of fruit. We also got the chance to taste their Cabernet the Endeavor. Wow, what a Cab. I belong to a few Napa wine clubs and this Endeavor ranks up with both of those high end wines. I brought my brother and his wife who were very sceptical of my lmpression of this Vineyard after my first visit. He was converted after the first sip of the Somers Zin. After he tasted the Endeavor Cab he was sold on this Vineyard. He bought a few bottles and is already set to plan another visit next month. Last but not least, the staff is outstanding. Always answering questions and giving advise with a smile. The barrel tasting this past weekend was awesome. Thank you

Visited March 2014
We're thrilled that we converted you into a Zinfandel lover! And welcome to our wine club family
Vancouver, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great visit at Dry Creek”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Seven of us showed up without an appointment. Two of the couples are wine club members. We were seated at a table and served our tastings there. Both servers we had were very attentive. We always get great service here, even before we were wine club members. We like to pick up sandwiches at the Dry Creek General Store and bring them to the winery for a picnic on their lovely grounds with their great wine. Our wine tasting is complimentary since we are wine club members so I am not sure what or if there is a fee. If there is, it is well worth it.

Visited February 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your story of great customer service! We really appreciate it
Fremont, California
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“always satisfies”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We visit the Healdsburg area for wine tasting several times a year and Dry Creek Vineyard is one of our favorite stops. The staff has always been friendly and eager to help you have a relaxing time. The garden is a beautiful spot to hang out with a picnic lunch or just enjoy the greenery. And the wines are delicious and varied. We bring our friends.

Visited February 2014
We're so glad we're one of your regular stops! Thanks for the great review
Woodland, California
“Every visit is a delight, never the same thing twice, and worth it every time.”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

My girlfriend and I are members at Dry Creek, and we try like crazy to get up there every few weeks. The staff is awesome, the wines are fantastic, and the grounds are beautiful. Their cabs are really worth the trip by themselves, but their white wines are great too.

Visited February 2014
And we try like crazy to make it special for every single one of your visits! We're looking forward to your next visit