“An insider's view of Healdsburg”

Savor Healdsburg Food Tours
Healdsburg Small-Group Food and Wine Walking Tour
Ranked #2 of 142 Food & Drink in Healdsburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Are you hungry to discover the best of Healdsburg's celebrated food and wine scene? Our 3.5-hour culinary walking tours are the ultimate way to enjoy the tantalizing flavors of Wine Country - from local artisans, nationally acclaimed restaurants and chefs, to fabulous wines and spirits in a fun and flavorful walk through this top foodie destination. A progressive dining experience that is perfect for both visitors and locals! And enough food & drink for a meal!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had so much fun touring around Healdsburg with Tammy, proprietor of Savor Healdsburg -- we loved her warm and laid back style. She provided in depth understanding of the culture, the food and the people of this lovely little town, I can understand why its been heralded as one of America's favorite small towns. In addition, Tammy has clearly developed strong relationships with the restaurant owners and staff -- it feels like you have a back stage pass as you're whisked to the back of restaurants, get the inside scoop of the history of each one and how they came to be as well as fantastic samplings of some of their most succulent offerings. You will not walk away hungry! If you're looking for a great way to immerse yourself in Healdsburg, I highly recommend this tour.

Tammy G, Owner at Savor Healdsburg Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

It was a great pleasure showing you around and sharing some of the wonderful culinary delights which are certainly plentiful here in Healdsburg. I really enjoyed spending the afternoon with you and giving you some insight on our beautiful little town and a list of things to do on your future visits to Healdsburg. Hope to see you again!

Cheers,

Tammy

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I'm a local and had friends visiting for the weekend, they didn't have a lot of time and are big foodies so we decided to do this tour, so they could get a "taste" of Healdsburg. It was so much fun! It was a super fun way to spend 3 hours in Healdsburg. The food and wine options were all amazing and we ended up going to dinner at Bravas that night. Thanks Tammy for a great afternoon.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Tammy was a lovely tour host, very relaxed and informative! I just thought we should go to Downtown Bakery. But the other choices of eateries were delicious!

Tammy G, Owner at Savor Healdsburg Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you for your kind review of the tour. I'm glad you enjoyed the stops we visited. And thank you for your recommendation on the Downtown Bakery. It is one of my favorite places in Healdsburg. I am in love with the sticky buns, among a host of other amazing creations! We are so fortunate to have such an amazing bounty of food and wine experiences here and I enjoy sharing them with our guests. Perhaps there's a place for a few more in the near future. Thanks again for sharing one of your favorites with me.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

While visiting Healdsburg, taking one of Tammy Gass' Savor Food Tours is a must. Although it was just my wife and I (mid-winter, raining), guide Tammy made our tour thoroughly enjoyable. Each restaurant was ready to seat us the minute we walked through the door and promptly began the food and wine pairing. She is very resourceful in her knowledge of Healdsburg and it's history. She was also very helpful in giving us ideas about other attractions to visit in the Healdsburg area.

Jim & Mabel Bond
Paso Robles, CA

Tammy G, Owner at Savor Healdsburg Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

dear Jim and Mabel,

It was such a pleasure to meet the two of you and share a few hours together tasting our way through Healdsburg. It was so fun for me to learn about your vineyard and style of winemaking in Paso Robles. I enjoying sharing a taste of the food and wine of this wonderful region and I look forward to making a trip to Paso Robles in the future. Come back anytime!

Tammy

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I'm relatively new to Healdsburg, but have taken it upon myself to look for fun things to do when my family and friends come to visit. After trying lots of wine tasting and trips to nearby destinations, I found the The Savor Healdsburg Food Tour to be the most relaxing, fun thing to do while spending time with family and friends.

In a recent tour, I took a couple of friends and we spent 3 hours learning about the area, the chefs, the history, and most important, tasting good food! The walk between stops was no more than 5-10 minutes and the pace was leisurely providing ample time to talk with your friends and/or meet new friends. Tammy (the owner/tour guide) was fun and provided a lot of interesting facts about the area, history, and ideas about things to do, and places to eat/drink in the area. It's a great way to enjoy an afternoon while tasting some of the best food/wine in Healdsburg at the same time. I'm planning on taking more friends and family on the tour when they come to visit this summer.