“Lancaster Estate Winery Healdsburg, CA”

Lancaster Estate Winery
Ranked #66 of 156 things to do in Healdsburg
ky
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Lancaster Estate Winery Healdsburg, CA”
Reviewed 5 October 2009

While visiting in Headlsburg we decided to visit this by appointment only winery. The tour was fun and very educational. We had a private tour guide, Neal who was a blast and good at his job. He made the tour interesting and exciting. The tour ended with a great tasting in an elaborate cave tasting room.
The vineyards were flat out beautiful. If you get a chance you should make Lancaster a stop while visiting anywhere around Healdsburg.

Boston
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 245 helpful votes
“Top Notch”
Reviewed 3 September 2009

Not a tour bus tasting - if you are into wine this is a must stop. Need an appointment, will have personal service and expect to come out of there in the wine club or a case of fantastic red in your hands. Not your typical wine tasting - more like an intiment wine moment. Enjoy.

Charlotte, NC
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Disney For Adults!”
Reviewed 6 July 2008

Can I give more than 5 stars? If I could I would. This winery is just beautiful. From the moment you arrive at the gate you know you're in for something special. And, at the same time, you have no way of knowing just how amazed you'll be. Disney for adults! Upon entering the visitor center, my wife and I were cordially greeted by Crystal and were given a quick overview of the winery. We were then escorted to her SUV and given a personal driving tour of the estate. After the tour we were led to the cave. This is where the real experience began. I could tell so much planning went into the layout. We walked through the cave and then were led to the wine library in the cave where our tasting glasses were already poured and waiting for us (one sav blanc and three reds). Crystal never wanted to rush the experience. We talked at length about each wine, taking time to fully enjoy the experience. If I could have afforded it I would have bought each wine we tasted, but these are very small productions (with a very hefty price). However, I did decide to purchase a bottle of the 2004 Estate Cab as I couldn't let this experience end at the winery. Oh, and you can join their mailing list and be put on a special allocation list without having to join the wine club (what they call the Wine Guild). This is a special must-visit winery.

Arroyo Grande, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“A Healdsburg Must”
Reviewed 30 May 2008

If you have but one winery to visit while in Sonoma County, it must be Lancaster Estate. The people, the property and the wine all combine to make this a special place. Tours are private and must be scheduled well in advance. When I say private I mean private. Whether it be just two of you or a large group, you are given the personal attention of your own private guide. Colby Robison, our tour guide and "Marketing Associate", was a joy to speak with. My wife and I wanted to take her home as our surrogate daughter. She is a real person in a land of wine snobs. She starts by taking you on a private tour of the property, through the grape vines, in a big black CIA type SUV. Cold, bottled water is generously offered. Afterword, through handcrafted tall castle doors, a stroll within their emense wine storage cave. If you are a largeer group you will be tasting wine in their private barroom within the cave. We were invited to a large, private table in a cave anteroom where are glasses and bottles were setup beforehand and waiting especially for us. All-in-all she spent about two hours with us. Best of all, there was no charge! I was so astounded that this was all free in an era where almost all wine tasting now charge $5 - $20 per person, and so impressed with Colby's knowledge and friendliness, that we actually tipped her... and I don't usually tip. The hugs we received was worth the whole thing. Oh, yeah, excellent wine.

Virginia
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Stunning”
Reviewed 13 November 2007

Make sure that you call in advance and set-up an appointment to visit this "must see" estate. With a top-notch staff and fabulous wines, all oenophiles will find a piece of paradise here.

1 Thank Cathems