“Delicious Zins, Great Tasting Experience”

Bella Vineyards and Wine Caves
Ranked #13 of 159 things to do in Healdsburg
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Bella was a surprising highlight of my weekend in Sonoma. I love Dry Creek Zins and Bella has quality wines to offer. In the barn, we tasted a delightful Chardonnay (which I'm not normally a fan of Calif. Chards); we were then led to the "small bites station" outside and were delighted with a Rose paired with saffron, vegetable & lobster risotto - which was amazing; finally, we were led to the cave for the Zinfandel tasting. All of the Zins were fantastic. The final surprise was the dark chocolate peanut butter cup with sea salt paired with the late harvest zin. We had an appointment at Lancaster Estate, so we had to move on. Otherwise, we would have purchased a bottle and spent the afternoon relaxing on the lawn. I've already recommended Bella to several friends who are planning trips to California. And next time I go back, Bella is at the top of my list of wineries to re-visit.

There are newer reviews for Bella Vineyards and Wine Caves

Reviewed 1 May 2014

This was one of the vineyards we visited with other veterans of DCV Passport weekend (our first time). This was one of the stops that I remember and enjoyed. Several Zinfandel's and a Sirah that I thought was good, which were paired with some great food. Definitely check this place out if you get the opportunity. Unique "cave" wine cellar.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Bella is at the "end of the road." And, worth the extra few miles to get there. The people are nice. The wines are nice.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We rode to this winery as part of a guided bicycle tour through Sonoma County. Of the three wineries we toured (including Quivira), this was definitely our favorite: the ambiance was inviting and relaxed while feeling luxurious. We shared a wine tasting, and were delighted with the food pairings that came with the food: garlic buttermilk mashed potatoes and dark chocolate peanut butter cups with sea salt. So delightful! I wish we had ONLY visited this winery, and spent more time there.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

First time for us to taste wines in a cave. When we arrived, the bar area was full. We got a small barrel at the end and began tasting. With so many customers and only one employee, we really didn't get a lot of information on what we were tasting except for what was on the card. By the end of the tasting, we were the only ones left and got much more attention. We were able to taste a few wines not on the tasting card and ended up buying a bottle of each of the extra wines. The barrel room was pretty neat to see as well, just to the right of the tasting bar.