“Wonderful service and very nice rooms in the heart of the square”

Healdsburg Inn - A Four Sisters Inn
Ranked #6 of 15 Healdsburg B&B and Inns
Napa, California
“Wonderful service and very nice rooms in the heart of the square”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

I have stayed at 7 Four Sister's Inns over the years and have always had wonderful nostalgic experiences. Now, whenever I travel, I try to go to the places that the Inns are located, Newport, Monterey, Seal Cove, Yountville, Napa and most off all, Healdsburg. It's location is perfect right on the square but the service is impeccable and the rooms are very nice. I always enjoy the breakfast.
The previous review bothers me greatly and the review's title quite possibly states the obvious. I don't stay at an Inn for humor but for service, location, price, reputation, and staff. These requirements have always been above reproach at all Fours Sister's locations and the management shows it as a priority. I look forward greatly to my next stay at Healdsburg and just love the fact I am walking distance to many reasons why I stay in Healdsburg Next time in or near Healdsburg, do yourself a favor and stay at this wonderful Inn.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking square are fun.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank melect

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
River Ridge, Louisiana, Usa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

You will do yourself a favor by staying away from this place and any other Four Sisters property. 3 couples had a stay there recently (have gone the same time for 5 years) and after the fact and because we had some issues with reception and housekeeping, the President of Four Sisters sent us an email (not using her own email in a cowardly manner) saying that perhaps their hotel was not right for us. Well so much for customer loyalty! Darn right it is no longer right for us and I would encourage everyone to avoid this chain like the plague!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank CJB46
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

This is a cute and homey hotel on the main square in Healdsburg. There are shops, restaurants, and wine tasting rooms all within easy walking distance. The hotel used to be a grand private home and feels like a property that has that type of history. The rooms are cute and clean with comfy decorations. The walls are a bit thin -- unfortunately, we could hear a particularly loud snorer next door! -- but the place is charming and the price was definitely right.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CK107
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Healdsburg Inn for three nights when traveling to wine country with two other couples. Our rooms were all on the second floor, and we were lucky to have access to a balcony in our room. Our room was spacious and clean (although the gas fireplace stopped working halfway during our stay). There were never any noise issues, but we specifically requested quiet rooms when we made our reservations. Our room, however, was very close to the kitchen, and we were able to smell cooking/baking every morning, which we did not mind at all.

The location is perfect - within walking distance to many restaurants, tasting rooms, and shops.

The inn feels like home. At all times, there were freshly baked cookies at reception and in the dining area. There is a sitting area where we were able to use every evening to play games and enjoy wine. The breakfast is really tasty. (I think I ate 4 banana nut muffins one morning as they were still warm from the oven.)

Although we never had any issue, I believe there are only a limited number of parking spots available, which are first come first serve.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. If you don't like waking up to the smell of food, ask for a room that is...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KTandMarkNYC
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

I have wanted to stay here for a few years now, and finally did when it was priced very well. The location is excellent, right on the square. I really liked our room - the bay windows faced the square, it had a fireplace, it was very spacious and well decorated, and had a nice historical yet updated/luxurious feel to it. The hotel offered a complementary snack/wine buffet in the late afternoon and complementary breakfast in the morning. Only stayed there one night, and I wish the stay would have been longer.

Room Tip: Hotel does not have parking and you have to park in the area.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travelur
Folsom, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

Great service, helpful and friendly staff, and "thee" best location in town. We've stayed there several times and have never had a less than a fantastic visit. While all the room are great, try one of the rooms overlooking the town square. As Arnold says...I'll be back!

Mr. & Mrs. Tom Orsat

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the town square
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tom o
San Francisco
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

I was shocked by the room, in a bad way. Considering the top-dollar price tag (I'm talking Manhattan prices), I expected to walk into a gorgeous room. Instead, I found myself in a ground floor room furnished moderately like a radisson inn or so, with a single window facing a wall and a concrete staircase. The "fireplace" is electric with fake fire. The Wi-Fi is through a router on the 2nd floor and does not reach to the first floor. The front desk said, "Sorry, we're working on it". Really? How long does it take to get a router on the first floor? She told me to just use the computer in the lobby. Nice. They have bikes for rent, but no helmets because "Everyone's head is a different size, but you can rent one around the block". The bed is cheap and uncomfortable. I can't tell you enough how overpriced this place is. I travel for business constantly and I know hotel prices well. Don't pay for this place.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple