“Perfect Setting for a Wedding Dinner”

Madrona Manor Wine Country Inn and Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 17 Healdsburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Already gave Madrona Manor a glowing review two years ago when we first stayed there, but felt it was time to update our initial impressions. Since that first visit, we've stayed at Madrona Manor about three times and eaten there about five times, and it's always been an incredible experience. So much so that when we decided to get married this July at a local winery, we chose Madrona Manor for our wedding dinner, hoping to treat our family and friends to a truly memorable event. And thanks to their wonderful staff and terrific chef, I think we did. We started with cocktails and appetizers in the garden and then moved on to the beautiful Amber Room for the rest of the meal, which we topped off with their special ice-cream sundaes in lieu of wedding cake. Service was flawless, the food even better than we had remembered, and the atmosphere was magical. About 10 of us stayed there overnight and we all loved our rooms (my husband and I had a second-floor room in the mansion with a sweeping view of the valley--just perfect). I highly recommend Madrona Manor for a special event--their extremely helpful staff will make it very easy for you and I am sure that your guests will be as pleased as ours were.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Belllemont

Reviewed 23 March 2011

Absolutely incredible customer touch with Champagne in our room on my birthday along with a birthday greeting! How special is that and who takes the time to add that warm touch? That was a wonderful and almost certain to guarantee return trips....

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2011

I had very high expectations for this hotel. It was among the most expensive in the area. When I walked in, the bathroom was dated and looked more like a Holiday Inn Express. I stayed at a Hampton Inn and it had more amenities than this place at a fraction of the price. There was no coffee maker nor refrigerator in the room. The place seemed dated and I couldn't understand why they would charge $300+ for a stay here. I was completely underwhelmed.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank morsel3
Reviewed 4 November 2010

The third inn of our visit to the area and hit the right notes, although not my taste in decor. This is a private location-- in the winery area, not downtown, so you will need a car (or a bike). What we liked was the feel of being in a small hotel, not having to hear traffic, and just enjoying the sounds of nature by the pool (unexpected warm spell).

Most important to us was that there was someone around if you needed someone. It was not a pretend corporate "inn" run by anonymous "management" several hundred miles away, but rather a special place that clearly there is pride of ownership in.

I would recommend this as the perfect compromise between a hotel and a B&B. It is private and professional. Probably better for a warm weather stay or a cozy weekend. So convenient to the best of this part of the wine country- you are on the wine road, but tucked all the way back on an estate...Geyserville is a short, pretty drive away, but downtown is not far if you want to pop in for lunch or coffee.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank starsparkles
Reviewed 1 November 2010

My boyfriend and friends had the greatest and most relaxing experience at The Madrona Manor.
First of all, everyone could not be more happy with their rooms.
We stayed at The School House. Very romantic and a sure way to feel like you are in your own fantasy country house!
The other couple had a room in the Carriage house and our friend stayed in the mansion. Each unique, and fit to all of our standards.

The beds and linens were also very impressive, so impressive I called when I got back to get the information to buy them! (and was told I wasn't the first one)

The garden was picturesque and loved the fact that the restaurant uses it for their menu. Which, by the way, is a Michelin star. So you know that heirloom tomato that you saw that afternoon might be on your plate that evening.

The pool was definitely a plus for afternoon relaxing...and pool side service for wine and cocktails is a plus.

The breakfast was lovely, but being the early risers that we are, just having coffee (that's available before service), and sitting on the front porch, with the east sun coming in over the vineyards was just breathtaking.

We had dinner at the restaurant and I will have to say, it was the best meal of my life. No exaggeration.
I have experienced many top restaurants in my life, but this takes the prize!

We had the 7 course dinner and it was a true gastronomical experience.
From the around the world cheese plate, to the ice cream made table side (with liquid nitrogen), to the coffee presentation, it was all very impressive and presented by an incredibly passionate, knowledgeable staff. We were all very impressed with the service.
It was just PERFECT. I would not have changed a thing!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank geegeeca
Reviewed 30 October 2010

This is a true Pride of Ownership property-grounds are beautiful and front desk extremely helpful.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2010

Our travel agent raved about this location, so we were anxious to experience it. It was very nice and conveniently situated, but you really need to love Victorian decor and the B&B experience. Our room was on the top floor and nicely done with a spacious bath, but I smelled cooking oil from the kitchen all night, perhaps unavoidable, but annoying none the less.
We ate in the dining room and it was fair to good. With the number of fabulous restaurants here, I would recommend eating out. Breakfast was also only fair, one hot dish of eggs and peppers, not something that had universal appeal. There was, however, excellent fresh squeezed orange juice.
If you get a deal on a room, this is a nice place to stay, but if you tastes run less fussy, you might not be comfortable here.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple