“Wonderful Experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Raford Inn Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Healdsburg
The Raford Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 15 Healdsburg B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Eureka
“Wonderful Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2009

The Raford House is really a wonderful place to stay with a lot of history to tell. The owners (Dane and Rita) were very kind and vibrant people. Once you meet them they are instantly your friends. The last stay I had like this was in a nice B&B in northern England (which I would also highly recommend). I enjoyed talking with the owners at the evening wine social, and each morning during breakfast. Which brings me to breakfast….it was wonderful and most days I ate so much I was not hungry for lunch. Dane and Rita made great suggestions on places to visit, and even called in my dinner reservations.
My wife and I stayed in the Angelica Room, and loved it! We enjoyed a fire each night, and the calming atmosphere of the inn. We were so busy visiting wineries and hiking, that we never utilized the spa treatments available….but we will during our next visit.
I highly recommend this inn to anyone who enjoys a good B&B!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Bay Area, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2009

I had an interesting experience here. Showed up early, got to see our room, and someone else's as well, not invited by them, but at the insistence of the innkeeper - and our room was well decorated, not contemporary, but that was to be expected. The house was older than I thought it would be, but also, something to be expected from a B&B.

However, when we showed up (early again) for the wine tasting, there were only two nearly finished bottles of wine with an improbable number of people to have accomplished this, and a very congenial innkeeper who could not stop telling stories about the miraculous event of an innkeeper in the past taking wandering travelers into his manger.

Nevertheless, it wouldn't affect my decision to stay here, but I would be a bit wary of judging this place based on the merits of all the other reviews that prominently mention the Innkeepers and their names. Have you ever remembered the names of your hosts at a B&B?? I can't, but a surprising number of people here can.

It is what it is - an older home with a very nice view, located within walking distance of the best restaurant in Sonoma, with very outdated (read: Granny) styling and a home that could use more attention to fixing up than wine tasting.

I'd have to say, I still would recommend it, and we did have a good stay, just with reservations.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Decor
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank zamsden
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2009

It's hard to top the recent 5.0 reviews, which are accurate and well-deserved. I have stayed at 25+ inns and B&Bs in California and New England, and Dane and Rita are the best innkeepers yet. They are warm, engaging people who delight in sharing the Inn and its history. The location is outstanding, within 5 to 15 minutes of great wineries, excellent restaurants and Russain River recreational amenities. The country setting in the middle of vineyards is a winelover's delight. The rooms are warm and inviting, as are the common areas and the home-cooked breakfasts are wonderful -- even the home-made Zinfandel was surprisingly good. Dane and Rita take great pride in Raford Inn, and they have much to be proud of. Everything about our stay was special.

• Liked — the innkeepers, the friendly atmosphere and the location
Santa Clara
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2009

Now THIS is how a B&B is supposed to be run.
Dane and Rita are superb hosts provided a "home away from home" feeling. Incredible hospitality, Dane and Rita can help you with dinner reservations and recommend local wineries. The breakfast is outstanding using the finest organic ingredients some from their own property – we were really spoiled. Every room is very unique. There is a beautiful patio overlooks their vineyard, a very peaceful and quiet place to spend an evening drinking some of the finest wines Healdsburg has to offer…especially Dane’s finest estate Zinfandel, which we got to taste as an added bonus - yummy. Dane and Rita really make you feel like you are part of their family. We enjoyed meeting their wonderful staff. Kristin’s amazing Jazz vocal solo on the day we departed. Thank you Kristen! You are one talented lady.
We cannot recommend Raford Inn B&B enough and look forward to more stays as we really loved our stay there. I still can’t stop talking about the place.
Thank you, Dane and Rita, for making our stay simply incredible! I couldn’t have asked for anything more on my birthday.
Lydia & Dave Vernon

• Liked — The hospitality - Dane and Rita really made us feel very welcomed
  • Disliked — None
Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2009

My husband and I booked three nights at The Raford for our anniversary and couldn't have asked for a better trip. The views of the vineyard are remarkable and the inn is very centrally located so was perfect for vineyard tours and great restaurants. Dane and Rita made you feel like family the second you walked in the door and are a great resource for things to do in the area. I would recommend anyone stay here for an experience they will never forget.

• Liked — Very good location
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2008

My wife and I stayed for three nights in December 2008 at the Raford Inn. We were welcomed and treated as old friends the moment we stepped in. Dane and Rita went out of their way to make us feel welcome.

I had to make an urgent phone call to Singapore and Dane graciously let me use his phone . Even though I spoke on the phone for 15 minutes and offered to pay for it, Dane refused to accept payment.

The breakfasts conjured up by Dane and Rita were amazing- truly gourmet cuisine. It was great starting every day having breakfast with the other guests. We would then visit a few wineries and return back to Raford Inn by late afternoon. We spent many nice moments in the living room enjoying the fireplace, snacks and drinks. Do ask Dane and Rita if they can let you taste their own Raford Inn Zinfandel- quite amazing !

I would highly recommend the Raford Inn for anyone who values exceptional service and warmth in a vacation getaway.

• Liked — The warmth and attention shown by the Innkeepers
  • Disliked — Nothing at all
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SingaporeVacationer
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2008

We are members of a wine club from San Diego. In Dec 2007, our wine club booked almost the entire house for our first annual trip. We had so much fun and enjoyed the Raford Inn, Dane and Rita, and the surroundings so much, that we immediately booked the entire house for our December 2008 trip. This is now our annual trip. Dane and Rita are great hosts, the home is warm and cozy, the food is delicious, and the setting is sublime. My husband and I have stayed in the Rosemary Room and the Angelica Room. The Rosemary Room is cozy, and The Angelica room is fabulous ... the largest room with a fireplace and wonderful view across the vineyards. This B&B is among the best B&B's we've have ever stayed in, and a great value too!

• Liked — The setting in the vineyards, hosts, cleanliness, cozy, comfortable, ambiance
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank FrazTravelers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
BEST WESTERN Dry Creek Inn
#3 of 9 in Healdsburg
Vintners Inn
Vintners Inn
#2 of 25 in Santa Rosa

Been to The Raford Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!